Gender Scan in the morning! Please give me some advice

Blue_star

First Pregnancy
Reaction score
I have my gender scan in the morning this is my first baby so I know I shouldn't be worried. But as a recently single mom I really want a girl and I feel so quilty for this. If I talk about it with my family they get angry saying I shouldn't care.

I know 100% i'm going to love and care for baby alot no matter what it is. But secretly I want to raise a girl. I'm convinced it's a boy tho and when I find out tomorrow I don't know how to hide my disappointment i'm trying more and more to get used to having a little boy I know i'll love him so much.

How can I deal with my feelings about this? as the babies mom it shouldn't matter and i'm sure once the baby is born it won't matter.

I have my gender scan in the morning this is my first baby so I know I shouldn't be worried. But as a recently single mom I really want a girl and I feel so quilty for this. If I talk about it with my family they get angry saying I shouldn't care.

I know 100% i'm going to love and care for baby alot no matter what it is. But secretly I want to raise a girl. I'm convinced it's a boy tho and when I find out tomorrow I don't know how to hide my disappointment i'm trying more and more to get used to having a little boy I know i'll love him so much.

How can I deal with my feelings about this? as the babies mom it shouldn't matter and i'm sure once the baby is born it won't matter.

Hello :hugs: I understand! I desperatly wanted a girl and was told boy at my gender scan last Sunday. When i was told boy, i was desperately dissapointed, i dont think i hid my feelings well, but i didnt burst into tears until i was outside in the street - so managed to hold it together for just enough time.

Who are you going to the scan with? If your worried about the person whos going with you wondering why your dissapinted, you dont have to tell them its dissapointment - you could just say your "shocked" as you were convinced it was a girl! I would say though to take some time, maybe days to yourself to process getting into a "boy" frame of mind. Im feeling alot better about it all now as i have accepted boy....

Hopefully you will hear PINK! Remember theres people on here who understand and are happy to talk...fingers crossed!! Post an update!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->