Gender scan on 12th, feeling anxious :( please wait with me x

Mamamumum

Reaction score
Due to a previous MMC I have very very high levels of anxiety during pregnancy. I just can't enjoy any of it :( I've been worried since day one with this pregnancy, but I've had 2 scans so far, one at 10wks and one at 12wks and everything looked perfect at both. So I should be feeling reassured but I just keep worrying and worrying. I'm putting off buying maternity jeans because I'm worried it'll turn out to be a waste of money if somethibg goes wrong :(. I'm nearly 16wks and haven't felt any movement yet whereas I felt my DD at 11wks very clearly and regularly so that is also worrying me though I know "all pregnancies are dofferent".
We have a gender scan booked for Saturday as my OH can't take the day off for the 20wk scan in September. I'm so so scared something is going to be wrong :( I wish I could stop worrying amd enjoy this pregnancy as it may be my last one but I just can't. Please can somebody wait with me? Feeling very alone right now :(

Hugs. I completely know how you're feeling. I also can't relax (although I'm a lot better than I was up until a couple of weeks ago, things have improved a bit). I feel like every time I or someone else mentions the baby, I should add "IF the baby comes". It's horrible and I didn't feel this way with my son. I guess it's because I had a miscarriage in between, but you'd think I'd be feeling better now I'm well out of the first tri. 17 weeks and still too scared to buy anything, and what little bits I have bought (amazing value baby/maternity clothes I couldn't pass up on) have been immediately stuffed to the back of my wardrobe so I don't feel like I'm tempting fate. I'm trying to remember that every single woman having a healthy baby right now, or who has a new baby, was 17 weeks (etc) pregnant at some point too. And that the overwhelming likelihood is that I'll get there again too, and same for you and your baby.
And I also haven't got proper movement and I really feel I should by now, I'm only one week behind what I was when I started feeling regular movements before and I was a FTM then.
You WILL stop worrying so much and start to enjoy the pregnancy at some point. Waiting with you till Saturday!

Try what I'm doing, which is that I've promised myself that after my 20 week scan on 30th august, I WILL relax and start to enjoy myself. I know worry doesn't necessarily work that way, but by making myself that promise I've kind of given myself permission to fret about things up until then and then I'm going to cut it out.

I'm sure everything will go absolutely fine, sending lots of hugs your way mama :hugs:

I'm sure everythingwill be just fine. Good luck :)

mamamumum - I've been feeling really nervous as well so I got a doppler and it helped SO much with my anxiety. Whenever I feel like something could be wrong, I just listen to the heartbeat for a few seconds and it makes me feel loads better.

Good luck at your scan in 2 days!

Bless you. You are not alone!!! I had bleeds this pregnancy and a couple of times i felt so scared that nature was taking my baby away. A few weeks is a huge amount of time in pregnancy. Its so hard being a woman at times. Pregnancy is such an emotional roller coaster and you are bound to feel afraid when you have experienced a horrible shock in the past. I do think you will feel better once you get to see the baby again. Slowly as the weeks go by you will hopefully feel more at ease.

I have to say that its harder second time around. I have felt anxious and emotional this time. Although i have enjoyed bits of it the first time for me was more magical. My scans were amazing with my first pregnancy but this time i felt a little less excited and more drained and like i wanted her to hurry up.

I think you just need to ride this out and go to the scan. I believe then you will perhaps feel more relaxed. You will get there. I wish you all the best for your scan and im sure you will have great news soon xx

I'll wait with you. :) I won't be having that scan until 19-20 weeks though. I had hoped to have it Sept 9 as that's my mother's birthday and I was going to ring her on the day to tell her the sex but the clinic is closed that day so I'm a bit bummed out.

This little one I haven't felt move yet. I felt my 3 boys by 14 weeks so I know how you are feeling. I had that same thought today myself and tried to reason that 'every pregnancy is different' but it does leave you on edge and that really can take a toll on the mind.

But your little one will be fine - and you will be reassured! :)

I understand how you feel and it's so difficult . I've had three pregnancies before this one that went Ok with no major hiccups (middle baby was a 32weeker) . Then I had a Chemical pregnancy in may. This pregnancy I started having pains and pink bleeding at 6+3 , then a week later I had a huge fresh bleed it was literally gushing. I was diagnosed with a large SCH and threatened miscarriage . From then up until 10+5 weeks I had a large discharge every day. It was so worrying . But it's left me so paranoid and unable to enjoy the pregnancy. Every time i feel a twinge or any discharge i panic until i can get to a loo to check. I am dreading going for scans in case baby is lost. Really gets me upset but I'm trying to stay positive despite my concerns .:thumbup:

Hi all, sorry I didn't update sooner, just had such a bus few days with OHs birthday, we've been out every day. We had our scan and all looks good, baby is healthy. We are team pink again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->