Gender Stereotypes

There are five girls in this house ( even the dog is a girl ) so there have / are plenty of dolls, barbies ect. I have found one influences the other and my oldest now 21 yrs old has always been very "girly" so it has trickled to the others. Even DH has mastered dressing a barbie:haha:

Mmmmm Im not sure lol I have a little boy and tend to kind of go for both types of toys etc if that makes sense.

He loves his shopping trolley and loves to play with the brush and shovel and brush his own hair and play with the washing machine/tumble dryer pulling things out and putting them back chattering away to himself but at the same time he will go straight for his cars and trucks if given both options :rofl:

my little boy loves boy things like toy cars BUT he also loves to carry around my old purse and try on both mine and daddy's shoes lol

I don't think Rocco fits into the gender stereotype at all. Yes he does like playing with his train set etc but he also likes to play dress up, play with dolls feeding them etc and loves his kitchen.

I think some things we subliminarily pass on without even realising it and some things are genetic. Noah loves balls and cars and trains and diggers, but he also has a dolly who isn't allowed to wear any clothes lol who he walks around with by the feet when hes at my mum and dads!!

He also loves having his nails trimmed and filed and his fingernails so i guess thats outside the box LOL!

Gotta hand it to toy manufacturors and clothing designers though! toys r us have a whole isle dedicated to dollies and all things pink and fluffy and in newborn clothing, you will be hard pressed not to find mostly blue things in the boy section and pink in the girls leaving yellow and white for those who don't know!

Well I can see Ella is going to be a girly girl already. We give her two choices of pjs - blue or pink and she'll pick the pink ones. She loves playing with her dolls and cars etc seem to never get played with, even though she's got them there. In saying that, she can be quite rough and tumble when she wants and will really get into outdoorsy type things.

In some ways Harvey is a proper wee boy. He loves rough & tumble, balls, diggers and cars and his favourite thing about quite toys is the noise they make when he bashes them together.

However, he has an Upsy Daisy doll that he loves, whenever I put lip balm on he pouts his lips to get some too and yesterday I found him holding his pig and cow in each hand, putting them together and making kissing noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->