General 6 yo compliance / organisation

morri

mom to one
Reaction score
I am a bit out if loop, as my kid "post school cut off dob" is apart from another the last of her age at playschool. Most of the time it feels to me my kid takes forever and a day to get moving but it may just be my impression and she is just like any other kid, especially in regards of events that are not high on her priority list .( Such as bed time, getting up in the morning, tidying up ... going out in the afternoon. etc)
She has great organisation as in she always got her stuff at hand never forgets anything at playschool, on the bus of park etc. ( unlike her mom xD)

If she has great organizational skills and her speed slows down for unpreferred tasks, then yeah, it's a matter of motivation. Some of this can be helped with structuring things so that motivation is built into the task and some of it can be helped with consequences when relevant. Some of it can be "helped" simply by providing more time to accomplish the task.

Sounds like my 5 and half year old. I feel like I'm always saying, "we're going to be late", when, before her, I was always early to everything. Before December 1 (when the elf came), she was a bear to get out of bed. Some mornings I'd even dress her while she lay in bed. Once we got the elf, she was up and about no problem. She wanted to find the elf so she had reason to get up and get going. And yes, same for bath time, bed time, dinner. The threat of time out usually gets her going.

She usually does well with the timer in the evening to get going, i managed to reeduce her bed time to an earlier time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->