General Election

I voted

Now for a dumb question - someone on my Facebook has just posted about not voting Tories. I've googled but still don't understand who the Tories are! Someone explain please :flower:

It's a different name for Conservatives x

I voted Labour. It was the lesser of the evils in my opinion.

Tories have completely screwed over my area, they've 2 shut hospitals (now the nearest A&E department are in meltdown) and knocked down Schools. In my town alone, there is already a major shortage for School places and there is currently 1,000 house being built....not a clue where the extra children will be going. Ironically, they shut a school and have just built more houses in the land....

I think tories will win tbh

My area has never been area. my vote was only worth 4 :( So green it was. EU referendum and scrap SATS lol but we are ultra safe conservatives x

I voted Tories *waits to be lynched* my constituency (and the whole town) is traditionally very strongly Labour but I'm pretty sure the SNP are going to do it this time!

I voted conservative as always planned. It's a safe seat anyway.
Watching the results, probably be up till about 12/1am

I wasn't sure for a long time but happy with how I voted.

What are your thoughts on the exit polls? Do you think they'll be close to the results?

I don't trust exit polls. I'm aware the 2010 result was pretty bang on but for me it seem a little absurd to base the results of tens of millions of voters on just 22,000 people. I prefer to just wait and see the results come in. I don't find them particulary interesting like everyone keeps saying.

I'm watching on the BBC.

I'm going to bed. It will be a long night for some!

I agree Sue. I think it involves too much guess work. Although the bbc presenter keeps talking like its a sure thing. Don't go to sky news, it's Kay burley.

Night Lola x

Totally gutted to be waking up to a sea of blue this morning and a possible Conservative majority... where will our Country be after another 5 years of dismantling services?!? :growlmad: Where's the Compassion? :nope: As you can probably tell I'm not a fan of the Conservatives :haha:

xx

Sad that majority if UK don't seem to care about Environment, Welfare and Education. Good one.

...I know, millions struggling every day while Cameron and his chums sit and enjoy their wealth... I just don't get it, the Tory manifesto was basically setting out another 5 years of cuts, meaning the most vulnerable in Society will be cast aside, the NHS will continue to be privatised, the school education system is becoming sold off by the day while the Conservatives build 'essential' train lines and the profits of the richest gathers pace and yet masses have voted for them to stay in power, to do their worst :growlmad:

I don't feel proud to be British today and it does make me consider whether I actually want to live in or bring up our son in such a right wing Country, gahh I'm proper gutted :cry:

xx

Wow, pretty much every single seat in Scotland is SNP. Did not expect that much of a landslide!

I was just saying else where that I think the referendum helped David Cameron as him not following through on his promises to the Scottish people lost labour 50 seats (of course Nicola sturgeon was fabulous in debates too).

I'm worried now

...If you've ever considered leaving the UK, now is the time to do so. This is a truly disturbing result imo, really worrying. We stayed conservative in my constituency and the only things she bothered to vote on really are pro foxhunting and against equal marriage :dohh:

I was just saying else where that I think the referendum helped David Cameron as him not following through on his promises to the Scottish people lost labour 50 seats (of course Nicola sturgeon was fabulous in debates too).

I'm worried now

See, in Scotland the referendum definitely swung things towards SNP. Nicola Sturgeon is an excellent speaker, I have been to quite a few lectures which she has given - I just so happen to disagree with her policies. The thought of Ed Miliband being PM terrified me, I didn't want SNP to get my constituency so I had to vote Tory. Labour lost 29% of their votes in my constituency, it's crazy!

Hopefully having so many SNP seats in Westminster might help protect things like education and the NHS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->