General Election

I do worry now about the nhs. Can only Hope he doesn't keep privatising under our feet

Urgh.

I'm really scared for the NHS now. :cry:

As a Tory, can't say I'm anything but very happy with the majority (tbc).

As a Tory, can't say I'm anything but very happy with the majority (tbc).

Sadly as a non-Tory I am very disappointed. I have seen first hand what this party has done over the past 5 years....basically the Country is screwed imo.

The whole voting system needs changing. 64% attended to vote in my area. Personally I think it should be made a legal requirement to vote.

I was speaking with 3 mothers at the School yesterday and their response was "well I don't really know much about the parties so I am not going to bother." I find it really sad that they couldn't be bothered to do some research and vote.

Oh for sure Nicola S is a great speaker. I think she could of won the whole election if that was possible :haha:

I'm worried about the NHS too. As well as anyone who's vulnerable.

Lindsey that frustrates me too! Even more frustrating than the ones who won't educate themselves are the ones who don't vote because it is 'sucking it to the establishment', except they don't even go and do a no vote so the establishment assumes they are one of the people who just can't be bothered!

It's the stealth privatisation of the NHS that worries me the most tbh. I work in the NHS and have seen it in action.

It'll be fine if you're rich and can fund your treatment if you or your family get sick. Not so fine if you're not rich though.

Plus the inherent conflict of interests if treatments and investigations result in a direct profit for those prescribing them. Terrifying.

If only rich people vote for the Conservatives there are a lot of millionaires in the UK today.

Getting increasingly bored at the assertion that the way someone voted reflects their intelligence, awareness or even empathy. It's a democracy, we all have the right to vote and we have the right to do so without being belittled.

The people have spoken, not "the rich", the people. I imagine it'll swing around next time as it usually does.

(Rant aimed at my Facebook community!)

Plus the inherent conflict of interests if treatments and investigations result in a direct profit for those prescribing them. Terrifying.

I worked in Mental Health and saw our funding cut to an unobstainable level. We were paid £300 per person to treat, and we were only paid that if they 'recovered.' The problem being was the way 'recovery' was measured. If someone came into the service and they didn't score high enough, the therapist had to make the decision to not treat them as we couldn't afford it (& they would have had to explain to management why they were treating someone for free.) It was absolutely disgraceful. Waiting times went through the roof as the service had to get rid of a lot of staff as they couldn't afford to keep them. Waiting times went from 4 weeks (under Labour government) to 6months+ (Tory).

MarineWAG - I agree. It's a democracy and as such people can vote as they choose (and they have). This is just my particular concern as a worker (and user) of the NHS. I've very worried about privatisation.

Lindseymw - I have seen many similar things. Stuff I'd be ashamed to write on here as it's the antithesis of how I think healthcare should be. It has made me seriously reconsider my career choice.

I know many that voted Tory but didn't realise what that's meant. Shame.

Better than UKIP though but I think they have a good chance at the next election.

Knowing "many" that didn't know what that meant isn't reflective of the millions of people of voted for Conservatives, many are perfectly capable of looking at manifestos and seeing what party they think is the most appropriate for them for the next 5 years, and yes for some people (the most in fact! Not all of whom are millionaires!) the Conservatives were that party. Plenty of people vote for labour thinking it's the party for the working man because their parents vote for labour but never look at a manifesto, do they know what their vote meant? It works for all parties, if there was such a thing as a "right" party it would be called fascism.

MarineWAG - I agree. It's a democracy and as such people can vote as they choose (and they have). This is just my particular concern as a worker (and user) of the NHS. I've very worried about privatisation.

Lindseymw - I have seen many similar things. Stuff I'd be ashamed to write on here as it's the antithesis of how I think healthcare should be. It has made me seriously reconsider my career choice.

Absolutely, I'm concerned for the NHS too, I'm also concerned for an EU referendum.

I'm far from rich personally (I do have an affluent family who are also Tories) and I've been very well looked after by the government.

Very disappointing for the Labour Party

To add: I think it's disgusting when people don't vote.

Women were tortured, beat, ridiculed and fought for the vote. To not use it is disrespectful. I too think it should be a legal requirement

I know many that voted Tory but didn't realise what that's meant. Shame.

Better than UKIP though but I think they have a good chance at the next election.

They came second in a lot of the polls so have gained a lot of voters.. just not really any seats (1 at last check but I'm out right now)
I didnt expect a majority.. I was curious to see how the tories were gna lead a coalition again, I also think they would have tried to do a minority government. I guess it's good that there is stabiity in our markets with a majority one party However this won't last as soon as the Europe referendum starts.
He's pledged 8 billion to the nhs which a lot of tory voters I know are saying is reason why he isn't privatising the nhs. I do worry about this more than anything..

I feel so disappointed in the whole system. I'm scared for the future and what my children will inherit. Some how I don't think they will have an easy ride. I honestly thought I'd be waking up to change.

Oh for sure there are people voting for every party that haven't read policies. I just didn't like that much of the media was about how Ed looked and acted, we all should care more about the politics and less about appearances. You know?

Sue, my children and I were talking about that yesterday as my nine year old asked if you have to vote. I explained that we don't have to but there are places like Australia. But went in to explain that just because we don't have to doesn't mean we shouldn't how people fought for our right, they know about the suffragettes and I told them how there are still places around the world where people would do anything to be able to vote in peace.

Do we all think the system needs reforming? Some people's votes are worth more than others at the moment. 56 seats for SNP with 1.5m votes but 1 seat for greens with 1m votes. That's not reflective of voters then and shows that it could be possible to have more seats but less votes and win the election. That seems crazy to me.

The voting system is really messed up, definitely needs changing. And gutted about the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->