General tips.

Abigailly

Reaction score
We all have them. Something you'd say to someone newly engaged.

Mine would be:

Always number the back of your RSVPs or write their name on them. You wouldn't be lieve how many come back blank!

So what are yours?

Keep your plans to yourself as much as you can - and dont worry about pissing people off, you will always upset someone xx

Don't do things just because it's tradition. Your wedding is YOURS. If you want to have a roller disco and a sushi picnic, go for it. People will love it!

When you calculate your budget, expect to add at least £2k on. And don't push yourself to your financial limit.

Don't buy a dress two sizes too small and then gain two stone, like me :dohh:

By all means DIY things, but get it done months in advance or you'll be way too stressed to enjoy anything.

Don't worry about people enjoying your day. A wedding isn't the same as a standard party, the whole atmosphere is different. It will be amazing!

If you're really in to dancing and discos then go for it, but if you're not and your guests aren't then maybe consider an alternative after the first dance, cos they can be so awkward!

Decide on the few things that are important to you and focus on them. For example for us it was making it truly personal, the venue, and the dress. Traditional bits like the cake and flowers weren't too important so I left those til last, and we might not even have a cake!

Consider alternatives to the norm. It can save money and actually make the day even better.

Make sure what you're doing is for you and not to please evryone else. There will alwayd be someone who doesn't agree with your ideas or taste but it is yours and your OHs day, yout guests are just the people you you are choosing to share it with and if that isn't enough for them sod them.

Keep a list of things you need to do that you can tick off or add to as you go along

Get a box for all that little wedding stuff and for receipts and contracts keeping them all in one place will eliminate the stress of hunting for things you need last minute

Don't worry about wedding nightmares we all have them ot does not mean something will go wrong

Do not worry about being indecisive when you find what you really want you'll know

Stick to what YOU want. We were going to have a really big ceremony but I really wasn't comfortable with it, so we decided against it and had just immediate family for the wedding and then invited everyone at night for a disco! It was great and saved thousands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->