Genetic testing Canada (11-13 wks)

jacinda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I was wondering if you could tell me what tests they do in Canada (specifically Vancouver) at this stage of pregnancy.
Is it:
- ultrasound to check NT and nasal bone and other things
- AND a blood test (PAPP-a)?

or just blood test? or just scan?

Thank you.

It's both, you should have been given a requisition for the blood work and then you will get the scan where they measure the NT - they will then take the results from your bloodwork and the NT scan and plug it into a computer and give you a result for your odds of DS

At least here in Ontario, we have two options: blood taken and scan at 11-13 weeks, or that plus another blood test at around 16 weeks. With the first option you get results sooner but they're less accurate; the second blood test means you have to wait longer, but the extra data means clearer results.

This varies according to practice but a lot of places in Vancouver do not offer a first ultrasound until 20 weeks -anything earlier than that is private and on your own dollar.

I only had a blood test, no ultrasound until 20 weeks. This was in Langley.

Thank you for the responses. This is exactly what I had heard about Vancouver, i.e. no scan until 20 weeks.
Where can you get a private scan in Vancouver before then? I've googled some pages, but all I've found is gender scans, not done until after 20 weeks. I couldn't find any prenatal scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->