genuinely scared

Mammy2Joojx

Mammy To My Gorgeous Boy
Reaction score
i know its a long way away & i suppose things will of changed by then, but is anyyone else genuinely scared of their children growing up with how things are today?!

I know it happens in most places but a 13 year old girl got stabbed yesterday about 15 mins away from my town & she sadly passed away today. 26 year old has been arrested over it.

I am absolutely petrified of jooj growing up & i think if i could lock him in the house till he was 30 i would :haha: anyone else have the same fear?

Everyday! But its completely natural and normal I think. I think children grow up way too quickly these days.

So sad about the young girl :(

it doesn't feel like a normal parent worry though for me .. I often keep myself awake by over thinking things :( i don't know why :haha: i worry about him getting bullied, about being in fights, getting that drunk he hurts himself etc. I know they're all usual parent worries but my son isn't even 3! & i'm making myself sick with worry already :rofl: xx

Yep! I'm not far from London and lot of gangs and stuff its horrible. I hope my girls are sensible but we all hope that. I can only hope and teach them right from wrong.

but they could be the most sensible people in the whole world yet it only takes one scumbag to ruin it. I haven't got a healthy way of thinking at all :rofl: x

No your right! I just hope they don't get into all that!

Its a no win situation

Understandable when that happens around you but if its always keeping you up would it be negative thinking caused by depression? if you try and think of great things that may happen, aspirations for your kids what they will become in positive lights does this happen ? I often go to sleep wondering if mine will end up being a rocket scientist or a doctor like he says. course I worry he will get bullied but I have it plotted out in my head how that will go and what I will do. If the area was so bad I would consider moving I did move out of an estate I had a horrible neighbor in as I didnt want my kids growing up around hers. (not stabbing though total different situation she used her kids as pawns to call cops all the time).

The thing that worries me is how I'd react if I found someone was bullying my children- I really don't know how I'd stop myself going mental :lol:

Yup I worry so much about it, but try not to think about it or I know i'd not ruin her life but not let her live life to the fullest, stop her going places or us taking her places etc.
x

Yeah i do I really worry about bullying would break my heart but I will teach him to fight back and stick up for himself.
It is natural hun I think its worse if you suffer with anxiety like I do as it can play on your mind a lot more x

laura2919 you're right, can't win either way :(

dragonfly, it's more anxiety problems than depression. i just constantly worry about LO :( i do think of all the good things he will acheive, but i just think he has to go through school, which i associate with bullying, to be able to acheive them.

embo216 that is exactly what i would do! not so much towards the child, but the parent! it's their responsibility to teach their child right from wrong! i don't think i would just be able to have a word with the teacher & leave it, although my big mouth would more than likely cause more problems for LO so i would have no choice but to keep shut :rofl:

Yup I worry so much about it, but try not to think about it or I know i'd not ruin her life but not let her live life to the fullest, stop her going places or us taking her places etc.
x

i'd like to think i wouldn't stop him going places, obviously if they're known for being rough/dangerous he wouldn't have a prayer of going there :haha: but i'd never stop him going out in general to play with friends etc x

Yeah i do I really worry about bullying would break my heart but I will teach him to fight back and stick up for himself.
It is natural hun I think its worse if you suffer with anxiety like I do as it can play on your mind a lot more x

thats exactly what it is, anxiety. i have already tried to seek help about it through my GP, but as per, he was bloody useless :dohh: i just need to think a different way :) i know i will do everything i can in my power to protect him & keep him safe but obviously, when he is out when he is older, i can't be there by his side x

dragonfly, it's more anxiety problems than depression. i just constantly worry about LO :( i do think of all the good things he will acheive, but i just think he has to go through school, which i associate with bullying, to be able to acheive them.

Yeah anxiety can make you think always the worst been there before not an easy thing to just change over night. I am sure I wont be so positive when William goes to play school in sep as I will have to leave him in a strangers hands and I worry about him wondering off and no one watching :cry: it is a big deal having to place trust in others you dont know to look after your child. I try not to let it get to me now at this point or I wont enjoy these days while they last.

Yeah anxiety can make you think always the worst been there before not an easy thing to just change over night. I am sure I wont be so positive when William goes to play school in sep as I will have to leave him in a strangers hands and I worry about him wondering off and no one watching :cry: it is a big deal having to place trust in others you dont know to look after your child. I try not to let it get to me now at this point or I wont enjoy these days while they last.

:( it is hard when they leave to go to pre-school. my Lo starts this september also but he went to a day nursery when he was 18 months old to when he was 2.5 years as i was in work so i do have abit of experience in them kind of emotions :haha: so hopefully both of us will be less upset this time around :) i'm sure your LO will enjoy it & that will encourage you think positively about him going x

He wont have a problem going there is is out with his dad all day and going places its me that will have the problem :( even my own mum who I thought was a tough woman said it to me on the phone you feel lost when they go to school.

i think its totally normal to have these fears. i do, i also worry about the bullying too, my son is such a softie and my hubby thinks he ay be a target as he gets older. i have to say im not the aggressive type or confrontational at all but if i was aware a child was bullying my kids id fight tooth and nail to get it sorted. i find it very annoying when yr striving to make sure yr child turns into the decent child with manners, likeability, and respect for others then you get the kids who parents encourage bad behaviour, where i live and work you see alot of this. i think a slong as you know yr child is growing u well then we have to hope other parents are doing the same. i am protective of my son, and joke that ill still walk him to school at 15 but seriously i would if it wouldnt embarrass him. i dont like him being away from me. hes 5. even sometimes when hes with family i feel anxious. silly i know.

not silly at all hun :hugs: rather care too much than not care at all hehe i'm exactly the same as you! If he wasn't going to die of embarrassment i'd be hanging around with him & his friends to see what they get upto :rofl:

I actually know someone who encourages bad behaviour. Her LO is 2 months younger than my LO & she wants him to 'grow up to be hard so he can fight people & win' i was disgusted when she told me that! She didn't see anything wrong with what she said or how she thinks but i haven't spoken to her since. Don't want to be in the company of people like that & i certainly don't want her LO around my LO! X

I worry about where the world is going, then I remember that people have been thinking the world is going to end since the first guy stood on a soap box and started rabbiting on about a flood.

We are approaching the end of an age, it's going to be tough for a while but our babies are going to witness the beginning of something magical, not the end of something old.

I am quite excited for them, though I intend to teach them to farm, hunt, butcher and survive in the face of the breakdown of society, capitalism and what not.

I used to really worry about my son starting school incase he got bullied. I used to panic incase he would get picked on or feel upset thinking that he may be left sitting by himself at play time. I think to a degree most parents worry about things like this.

He's nearly 8 now and luckily enough we've never had any problems and he loves school. It doesnt stop me worrying about what will happen when he leaves his primary school and goes to secondary school though, as I'm another one who would gladly keep walking him to school forever, lol.

Funnily enough though I don't worry about my younger son going to school. I know he's only tiny now. I think it's seeing how happy my older son is in school that makes me not worry about the younger one as I know it's a nice school from experience now. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->