george richardson 18/01/2010 unexpected u could say...

Carly 123

Reaction score
i havent posted here much over the past 9 months, but i have been lurking and learning loads from everyone so thanx for that!

well unexpected because george was originally poppy grace, as the sonographer told us we were expecting a girl! imagine our shock when he came out! for about 5 seconds i was very taken aback but once i saw him that all went away because we had a beautiful baby boy :o)

I went into labour at 1am monday 18th and contractions were 3 mins apart, so we rang the hospital and to my dissapointment got sent to a different hospital as royal blackburn were really busy. Dissapointed because it threw my water birth plans out the window. so we went upto burnley general and discovered that unfortunately i was only 1cm so got sent home to wait for more pain!
tried to sleep but it really wasnt happening. was in and out of the bath for hours, doubled over on the bed as all the pain was in my back and bum.
we had a midwife appointment at 10am for a sweep so we went to that (with great difficulty) as we had to keep stopping for contractions.
Again only 1cm so advised to go and sit it out for longer. I was gutted, so we went home and i got back in the bath. By dinnertime things really stepped up and i was struggling to cope with the pain. As if things werent difficult enough, i was roaring like a pig on the bed when my husbands nan appears at the bedroom door! he was busy running me another bath and she had come upstairs because 'she wanted to see me have a contraction!' i was horrified! couldnt quite believe i had an audience and was going to tell her where to go when she started rubbing my back...which was really soothing so i let her stay 5 mins before she got the boot by hubby!
By 4pm i was desperate and the hospital kept saying 'just a little longer, dont come until the pain is unbearable'. This is all well and good, but when your a first timer how do u decide what is unbearable enough?!
My waters then broke as i got into the bath along with my plug and what i later discovered was meconium.
The hospital still insisted i stay put and walk around for a bit with a pad on to make sure its my waters. My husband was not happy and told them that we were on our way no matter what!
It took a good hour or so to get to delivery due to traffic and having to stop in the hospital corridors for contractions, doubling over in the lift, but i did not care who saw me at this point!
Straight into a delivery suite we went and they finally examined me...7CM! So promptly got me some gas and air and i went from a screaming wreck to some sort of drunkard, it completely knocked me out. Completely forgot i had even wanted a waterbirth and I just lay with my gas and air contently for around 4 hours. The midwifes even said i was boring them and they had never seen anybody as chilled as i was!
By 9pm, shift change time i was fully dilated and ready to start pushing. I really really struggled here and found it so hard to just bear down and do it! I was more bothered about pooing and later discovered i had done 3! :blush:
An hour and a half later i was still giving up, but after a LOT of encouragement (i was to the point of refusing to push anymore!) george was born at 10.51pm 8lb 3 ounces.
All the staff thought we were having a girl and had written out the birth card as 'poppy grace' and my husband had picked out a pink outfit!
Unfortunately i had a 2nd deg tear and this part was almost as bad as labour, i think because i was a bit more with it i was very aware someone was sewing my bits back together! hes now a week old and doing great. despite his bedroom being lilac with poppy grace handpainted on the wall! hehe!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3866958&l=08b9a13b7b&id=708776371
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3866960&l=69bb2ea3c4&id=708776371
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3866962&l=687fa06b54&id=

What a great birth story - and ending up with a boy instead of a girl - what a surprise! Congrats on your baby boy - he is beautiful with lovely dark hair! :)

What a shock - I couldn't even imagine! Congrats, George is gorgeous! x

wow congrats on the surprise hes very cute lots of hair

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"