Gestational Diabetes symptoms

GillandJamie

Reaction score
Hi there was wondering if anyone could tell me the symptoms for gestational diabetes. I have not been feeling well for the past few weeks and I am a bit worried xx

GD typically does not have the usual symptoms of diabetes. Sometimes increased thirst or urination can be present.

I would talk with your doctor it is around 24 weeks that your insulin needs increase so it maybe correlated.

My first clue was that I began to feel increasingly sick (shaky, nauseous, quick heartbeat) and thirsty after eating meals or sugary snacks. So I bought a cheap blood sugar monitor and sure enough, my levels were through the roof. I did my glucose test, failed epically, and am now officially classified as a gestational diabetic.

I have been relaly really exhausted, like no matter how much sleep i get i can barely function (walking up the stairs leaves me needing to lay down) I need to pee all the time, and I am always thirsty no matter how much i drink. I feel really weak and lethargic all the time like my body is working against me :(

TIRED. I know whenever my sugars are high, because I feel like someone literally sucks all of the energy out of me. Like I absolutely need to sleep. Period.
That's my only symptoms.

I don't think I had any symptoms other than some floaters happening. If you are worried talk to your doctor maybe they can test you early...but you could also google gestational diabetes diets and just start eating in that way to see if you feel better. It's a pretty reasonable way to eat and good for the baby whether you have the GD or not.

Hi Rick

I live in Australia and was diagnosed with GD at 27w . The diagnosis was rough on me and I was paranoid but I had the most amazing OBG who told me not to worry unless he asked me too.. At 36 weeks my dr told me that I had to be induced at 38 weeks as that is when the placenta usually stops supplying nutrients to the baby when mum has GD.. My induction went smoothly and baby was born 3 hours after starting the pitocin my dr had asked the anaesthetist to give me an epidural before administering the pitocin .. Had absolutely no pain whatsoever .. My princess was born weighing 6lb and is a healthy 6 month old weighing 14lb..all the diet control and exercise helped me stay fit as well .. I gained only 10 kilos through out my pregnancy had an amazing birth experience and would nt have it any other way .

As long as your BS levels are not way above the limits do not worry , except for the readings post dinner my levels were usually out of whack even with the diet control and insulin dosages thrice a day .. Short acting insulin before breakfast & lunch and long acting after dinner.. My endocrinologist had even told me 2 increase the dosage by 2 units myself after every high reading and bubs is just fine. Don't worry I sometimes even had some gelato and nuts after dinner .. My levels after breakfast were always the highest .. Always try to balance the carbs/sugar with proteins.

Sorry for the long reply but I know how paranoid we can get and wanted to reassure u that it ll be just fine :)
Good luck to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->