Gestational Diabetes

Skyye

bfp for baby #1 Jan 8, 2020 | Mum to 1
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I need to rant asf cause I am just so annoyed. I’m over it with GD. I’m 33w exactly tomorrow and I am so tired of having to remember to eat (still don’t even eat when I should, I eat when I’m hungry cause I’m way too lazy to eat at breakfastC lunch and dinner times so...lmao, anyways-I hate having to not be able to eat after I ate cause I have to wait til 2 hours is up :( or stressing if my BS is over 120 an hour after meals, I hate an apple, two sausage patties w. Cheese, and three handfuls or white cheddar cheese puffs and my BS was 128 And hour after and I’m so irritated and annoyed about it. I want my BS to be under 110 an hour after meals and at 80 something 2hrs after. I’m just so over it all, I just wanna eat when I want and not have to think about crap...): anyone else???

I’ve had GD in both previous pregnancies and am testing sugars in this one as well which have all thankfully been in range so far. I’ve been following the diet since I found out I was pregnant though. I know it’s pain and you use up so much energy thinking about food and planning meals but it really is worth it in the long run to keep the baby as healthy as possible. Having little snack bags and meals prepared that you know will keep your blood sugars stable will help. Then when you’re feeling too tired to prepare something, you can just grab that.
Hang on in there, not long to go for you now!

I had GD with my previous pregnancy. Luckily I have escaped it (so far) with this pregnancy.

Has your consultant given you a list of foods that naturally contain sugar? I know from past experience that fruit and some vegetables contain natural sugar which will push your blood sugar levels up. It is the same with carbs as well.

The best thing to do is look into foods that will fill you up but are also low on sugar/natural sugar and carbs.

I know it is a pain in the arse but at least it's only for a few more weeks.

It sucks doesn’t it? :/ I’m type 1 so need to inject and continuously worry about numbers for the rest of my life. Diabetes definitely will be the death of me I love chocolate to much. looking on the bright side yours is only temporary and once baby is here it will go away. I know it’s hard but but not long now you can do it < 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->