Gestational Hypertension

krissie328

Reaction score
Well I had a routine ob appt and was admitted for a 24 hour observation at L&D. :cry:

It was 180/110. I've never seen it so crazy before. I was quite shocked when she told me. I'm still running too high to be considered safe. I'm just feeling so overwhelmed.

So sorry to hear this. I hope everything is OK :hugs:

Thanks Bev.

It appears my blood pressure has normalized now. I'm stilll here until this evening though as they are doing a 24 hour observation. :/

I'm glad your blood pressure has normalised now and hopefully it stays that way and you can go home after the observation :hugs:

Well they released me a little early and now I will be going in for check ups Mondays and Thursdays. The doctor did not seem optimistic I will make it much past 36 weeks. But that seems to be his goal for now.

He wants me off work and on light bed rest until she comes. So I have a meeting with HR tomorrow. I'm really hoping we can afford for me to take the time off work.

I'm gonna try to get a blood pressure cuff to monitor at home. I've had a lot of dizziness and headaches so I am wondering if its connected. I suspect it probably is related.

I hope that you are able to take the time off work to rest and fingers crossed that you will make it to at least 36 weeks :hugs:

Oh dear Krissie! Hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like rest might be the key for you x

Thanks Bonnie and Bev.

So a little update: I was not feeling well this afternoon so had my blood pressure taken a couple of times. So far it was pretty elevated again. I have called the hospital but nobody has called me back. I am thinking I will end up just walking into L&D here in a bit.

I have been signed off work officially so I am hoping to keep this baby baking longer, but at this rate I am not so sure that is going to be possible.

I hope that they will call you back soon. Thinking of you :hugs:

Well went into L&D and of course my bp had come down by then. Miss Alice also was moving and looked great. So I am coming back Monday for a scheduled appointment and follow up.

That's typical, but great news that everything was OK. Good luck with your next appointment on Monday :)

Hope you’re doing okay, I have blood pressure issues as well. Very frustrating. :hugs:

I had gestational hypertension last pregnancy... They ended up inducing at 37 weeks. I don't think mine crept up until around 32-34 weeks though. They have me on baby aspirin now to hopefully keep it down.

I had gestational hypertension last pregnancy... They ended up inducing at 37 weeks. I don't think mine crept up until around 32-34 weeks though. They have me on baby aspirin now to hopefully keep it down.

I've read some about baby aspirin. Hopefully, I can remember to ask at my appt tomorrow if its appropriate in my case.

I'm hoping to make it to 37 weeks. Hopefully my bp cooperates.

Hey, with my son my BP got nearly that high and I was on bedrest from 36 to 38 weeks, and then I was induced.

Drink tons of water, lay on your left side as much as you can......

This pregnancy I'm on baby aspirin but I was on it with my son as well.....the additional thing is I'm on Labetalol, a bp medicine, already. But I totally feel you and know the stress.

Hang in there!

Have they suggested a 24 hour urine ? I had to do that with my son and it's really nasty lol (collecting all your wee in a jug) but it's the best way to see if you are getting protein and nearing pre-e or not.

Thanks Allie. I finished a 24 hour urine this morning. So so gross!

My bp was high but acceptable today during my appointment. I had a nst and fluid check and both were good.

The doctor I saw today said induction likely around 37 weeks. Its so hard to believe.

I hope baby will stay put until 37 weeks. That's good your blood pressure was acceptable today :hugs:

37 would be good!! Will you be on bedrest until then?

It will be worth it!! Even if it means lots of screen time for your LO, it's just for a few weeks. :hugs:

I didn't have a kid yet when I was on bed rest but I had a routine....morning in bed, then a really long bath, then moved to the couch for the day, planned some things to do, then back to bed.....maybe another bath haha. A few times I cheated and went for a ride with DH but just stayed in the car (like while he took the dog to the dog park and I watched from car haha).

Did you get the results of your 24 hour urine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->