Gestational Hypertension

Thanks Allie. Sometimes its hard to keep it in perspective. I'm feeling better today. Ds has been snuggly as he doesn't feel good either.

No results yet. I've found my hospital takes an unreasonable amount of time to get those called out. They don't release them to my patient portal for 5 days either.

I'm hoping if anything showed up they'd call. Plus I have another appt on Thursday so I can find out there.

I'm sorry you haven't got any results back yet. I hope that they don't keep you waiting too much longer now! :hugs:

At least regular appts get you out of the house. ;)

At least regular appts get you out of the house. ;)

This is true! I go in tomorrow and I am looking forward to a little break from ds and the house. Its been so cold here so ds has been stuck inside and he is stir crazy.

He told me today after about the 5th time of me saying its too cold to go outside that I need to say bye bye to the too cold. :rofl:

I'm not feeling well today. I have a pretty bad headache and chest tightness. I'm gonna try to nap when ds goes down in 20 mins and see if that helps.

I forgot to mention my 24 hour urine results posted. I had 14 mg with a normal range of 4-12 mg. I tried looking it up online but I couldn't make sense of it so I plan to ask the doctor tomorrow what it means.

I hope that the doctor can help you with a solution :hugs:

So I looked at my test results again.. they are actually 339.5 with a normal range of 42-225.

Ugh.. the doctor's office called while I was in the bath and didn't leave a message so I have no idea who called. I've see 3 different doctors in the last week.

How confusing and frustrating. I hope that they will call you back soon :hugs:

Doesn't seem too far out of normal range....

Hope your headache went away with rest!! Do you have a home BP monitor? They had me do that while I was on bedrest in case it got dangerously high.

Frustrating about the doctor!

I'm sorry, it must be hard being trapped in the house while it's cold and you have a restless toddler!

I forgot to ask about my results at my appt today. :growlmad:

Bp was fine at 136/80. I'm just in a bad mood. Outside of two bad readings it seems to be okay. I need to find something to occupy me cause I am going stir crazy.

I got a call from my doctor's nurse and apparently my bp has been good enough that I have been released back to work. I'm actually quite happy about that. Hopefully the numbers stay in check.

I'm sorry my dear. Ive been hypertensive for more than a decade. It is the toughest thing.
You need to rest, rest, and rest some more. Get well soon.

Hi krissie. I had pid with my dd. It's stressful. Mine started at 7 months so I had to do urine tests and weekly blood tests to check for pre e. I was placed on bed rest at 35 weeks and induced at 37+1. From 32 weeks most my appointents were followed by fetal non stress tests. I was on BP meds from 36 weeks through when dd was 8 weeks old. She is my first so I don't know what that will look like if I'm lucky enough to have a second it's really hard to hear it. That only a couple pressures were bad is good in that maybe it won't get to induction but being induced wasn't bad. I knewill when to expect baby and had time to prepare myself. I had some additional complications with her but I honestly feel if I wasn't getting consistent care due to the pressure the other issue could have been so much worse.

Thanks babybum. It sounds like you had a similar treatment plan to mine. I'm not currently on amy meds though because my numbers have such a huge range.

From what my docs said mine weren't high enough to put me on meds till later but I would prepare yourself. I also had to buy an at home blood pressure reader. I got a wrist cuff for pretty cheap at CVS and I would imagine they are also available on amazon. I had to monitor my pressures at home until it was induction time and it took 2 nurses going through every med twice to try and control it. But like I said the extra monitoring came in handy for my additional issues. Good luck

I am already on a small dose of Labatalol. So far my BP has ran low at every appt but it did that last pregnancy with no medicine until it shot up at 36 weeks.

Congrats on getting to go back to work!! FX it all remains low, woo!

Thanks for the info ladies. My bp did spike the last 2-3 weeks of my first pregnancy. It seems around 36 weeks is a rough time.

I was put on bp meds two weeks ago at 34 weeks since by bp has continued to climb with numbers in the 160s/80-90s.

I'm 36 weeks today and just miserable. My bp isn't awful high (140s/90s) but I am definitely struggling with bad headaches and chest pain.

My doctor has me scheduled to be induced at 37+2 so I am looking forward to that end. I have 9 days to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->