gestational sac, no fetal pole or yolk sac!! help!!!

SashaM

Reaction score
Hey guys my scan was disappointing. I'm not sure I understand yet.
I went to a new doctor because I couldn't get an appointment soon to see my doctor. Now I wished I waited a week or two.

The first day of my last af was November 10. So I estimated abt 8 weeks along, but I've never been very accurate and on time with my cycles. Could I be earlier than I thought?
The findings are as follows:

A single 9.6mm intrauterine gestational sac seen.
There was no evidence of a yolk sac or fetal pole seen.
The endometrium appeared normal.
There was a small amount of pelvic fluid seen.
Follow up scan in 3 weeks to confirm viability.

I was Soo heart broken I don't quite understand I need ur help guys.

Hey guys my scan was disappointing. I'm not sure I understand yet.
I went to a new doctor because I couldn't get an appointment soon to see my doctor. Now I wished I waited a week or two.

The first day of my last af was November 10. So I estimated abt 8 weeks along, but I've never been very accurate and on time with my cycles. Could I be earlier than I thought?
The findings are as follows:

A single 9.6mm intrauterine gestational sac seen.
There was no evidence of a yolk sac or fetal pole seen.
The endometrium appeared normal.
There was a small amount of pelvic fluid seen.
Follow up scan in 3 weeks to confirm viability.

I was Soo heart broken I don't quite understand I need ur help guys.

you could very well be earlier than you think 3 weeks is a long time to wait though!! can your doc check HCG levels at least if the are rising as they should be it would help ease your worries

maybe baby was just to tiny to spot was it an internal scan

Do you know when you ovulated? They base pregnancy dates on a women's lmp but as not everyone ovulates on the same day this sometimes isn't accurate.

For example I have 35 day cycles ovulating on cd 22 when those with a 28 day cycle would ovulate cd14 so on my scans I'm usually put back a week or so. You may have ovulated really late in December and be around 5-6 weeks. Did he say how far he thought you was based on the size of the gestational sac?

I agree with the poster above about having hcg tests done and repeated 48 hours that can be a good indicator of wether the pregnancy is progressing. Once the levels reach a certain amount a baby is then visable on a scan.

Did he do an internal or abdominal scan? X

mine was like that at 4weeks and by 7weeks i saw a heart beat you are prob just earlier than you think did you track ovulation x

9mm is very tiny, I bet you are just too early to see anything else! X

Hey Hun. Congrates on your BFP. Please don't feel to down and stay positive. I had the same thing and doctors wanted to remove my empty sac which we refused... I now have a healthy two year old. The link to my thead when it happened to me os in my signature please click and have a look. IM sure you and Lil bean will be fine x

I didn't track my ovulation so I'm not sure when I ovulated. And in my country they don't check hcg levels. Which I asked for. I'm now left to just keep taking hpts to keep hope alive and pray I don't bleed. Thanks for ur replies gals!

Was it an abdominal or vaginal scan that you had? Vaginal scans are a lot more accurate this early on. If you haven't already had one, I'd request it. X

She tried the regular external one and she didn't see anything. So she did an internal after and that's when she saw the gestational sac.

Do you have a local EPAU that you could be referred to? I agree with what a pp said; 3 weeks is an awfully long time to wait and deal with the uncertainty x

My LMP was November 14 putting me at 7 +2, but I know I ovulated later than usual pushing me back to 6+6.

Try not to worry too much, you could have ovulated late and implanted late, both would push your dates back.

Dp you remember when you first got a positive test? Sounds like you're more likely to be 5.5-6 weeks maybe?

Hmmm. No sac seen and the doctor wants f/u in 3 weeks? That tells me that the doctor thinks you are 4-5 weeks along(sac may be there at this time but NOT visible) and waiting 3 weeks will put you are 7-8 weeks for the next scan and the chances of seeing anything are best at that time. If you aren't sure about your dates, this is the most likely reason.

9.6mm sac is about 6 weeks pregnant just before so that's quite early to see anything on ultraaound much that's probably why you need to wait :)

I haven't read all the comments but my first day of last period was November 1st and I am 8 weeks 6 days today. So you may be a little earlier then u expect.

With my first I went for an early ultrasound at what should have been 6 weeks due to bleeding and all we saw was a gestational sac. They had me come back two weeks later and there was my bean. She was measuring 7weeks 3 days at that time. It sounds to me that you are just earlier than you originally thought.

Ok guys so on Wednesday I'm going to do another by my doctor! I can't wait for 3weeks. I got my BFP by surprise I just decided to do a test on new year's eve. Attaching a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_205730_kindlephoto-4102847.jpg
    IMG_20141231_205730_kindlephoto-4102847.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh