Gestational sac

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
I was wondering if it makes a difference if the sac is small or large? I had a scan yesterday at 9+5 but baby looks quite snug, will the sac grow with the baby? Doesn't seem much room for it lol x

sac and placenta will grow with baby. Snugness is probably due to the angle of the US as much as anything.

I thought my baby looked like he/she was going to be squished if the sac didnt get a move on honestly i worried myself sick for weeks until something in my personal life happened and took my mind off it, now im still going strong at 11 weeks x

I thought my baby looked like he/she was going to be squished if the sac didnt get a move on honestly i worried myself sick for weeks until something in my personal life happened and took my mind off it, now im still going strong at 11 weeks x

Hi Natalie,
Thanks for your reply. Looking at your picture it seems the sac looks similar to mine, very spherical. I was wondering if this is what makes it look so squashed lol as I see other ladies u/s and the ges sack is more of a bean shape x

Yep. They grow together. In early days with all 3 of my babies, that sac was so tiny with just a tiny little blip in it. Then, the next time, there's a big ole POOL with a baby in it! :) It's all good. Wait till you see how huge that placenta gets once it is delivered! ;)

Thanks for the reassurance. I was just concerned as babys sac seems so round in shape so doesn't seem like he/she can move much compared to a longer shape. It will probably change shape as it grows? x

The sac is like an extremely, extremely strong water balloon made of muscle. Like water in a balloon, the sac can change "shape" as baby moves about when they get larger, and it gives them the room they need. For sure, there's so much room for baby to swim and grow right now, and later on, in third trimester, baby will tuck in tightly, still with lots of water and space around (although it won't feel like it for you because you may feel each movement the baby makes). Still, it's "the norm" for baby to be in that tighter space at that point, so all that means is that when the baby is born, snuggling in tight and swaddling is often extremely comforting because it reminds them of the little world they came from.

That's good to hear. This is my first pregnancy so I wasn't familiar with the sac shape. At my 6 week scan I also saw the yolk sac but I can't see that now just baby! Not sure if the placenta takes over just yet though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->