Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

I'm gonna be honest....I'm a tiny bit worried this will affect the main BF board.

I'm not comfortable that I will have ALL the answers for someone I'm paired with. Surely the beauty of a forum is that lots of people pool their knowledge and opinions so the poster can get a broader range of info than they would from asking one person. Sometimes I read a post where I think everything has been covered so I wont add but other times I read the posts and think there could be more to add.

I'm happy to talk to anyone one to one - I have via PM or occasionally MSN if someone asks - but I think I'm going to stick to just general help in the main board I think :D

Hmmm its difficult to seperate, i think more the principle is support for a certain area rather than having actual answers, though you have always come up with some brilliant answers for me :D

I can see what it's trying to achieve from a support perspective I just worry that people wont post questions in the main area as much and there wont be the same amount of threads to reference for new members or existing lurkers :shrug:

maybe some clarification in the title and main thread to say this isnt for posting questions but to get paired with someone and questions should go in the main section.

The point was kind of that some people don't want to come forward publicly for help, and would rather talk to someone in private about their issues, and that they would feel it was ok to PM someone, rather than that they would be troubling them by randomly PMing someone and hope that they have experienced something similar, or know specifically how to help them with their problem..

Also, that they would feel more supported if they're champion checked in with them on a weekly basis or so, even if they hadn't been posting to make sure they were ok.

But if it's a bad idea, then fine. Mods can delete it I guess. I felt the thread title was pretty straightforward saying 'get you won Champion', plus my explanation.

i thought it would work more like the pregnancy buddy section really. you get a buddy, or a champion in this case, to support you, congratulate you and get you through the down times but they're still going to post in the main board as 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd triers do?

I think I understand. The title says 'Q's about BFing? Problems? Issues?' maybe that's where I'm getting confused. I thought that the questions, problems etc were posted in the board....:wacko:

If I'm understanding it right then, this is basically a place to find your own personal 'Peer Supporter' effectively? Only you are matching peoples problems when they ask for a supporter, up with the most appropriate from the list?

I'm certainly not suggesting it's a bad idea Nic - it's like anything on here...it's in text so not always easy to interpret.

I'll help anyone, I just dont want them to only get my perspective on things.

Ithink it would be especially helpful to be paired with someone giving birth soon that plans to breastfeed so they can ask any questions that they may feel are "stupid" or that they "should know" that they may feel weird asking on the main board, and then trying to get it down over the first few weeks/months, that way we could check in see how it's going, cheer them on, answer any questions they may have on that part?

Thanks Lil' - it's a buddy system effectively. Excellent! I totally get it in that case :D

MO3 - I think linking up with someone prior to giving birth is a fantastic idea too!

Shall we have a different thread title then? I'm rubbish at making them up :lol:

Yes, exactly lie a peer supporter MM :) and I actually had the idea because of a lot of Mums in third tri asking questions in third tri and not wanting to come across here.

Just a thought; but if someone asks a champion/supporter a good question, they could always post it for them if they like. That way the person asking the question remains annonymous (if that's their wish) but it's also getting shared for others. Makes things a little bit more complicated but might work?

Well since I didn't get any help before when I asked may aswell try here and see what happens. This is my original post
For the first 3months of edwards life I was completely BFing then he started getting hungrier (feeding every2hrs for 45mins minimum) HV adv to give him formula to give myself a break so decided I would do this in the day and BF at night which worked ok (still not sleeping through the night though). Now he is on solids I would like to go back to majority BFing during the day and 1 bottle before bed.
Now I need to know how to get my milk supply back up. Any help??

Well since I didn't get any help before when I asked may aswell try here and see what happens. This is my original post
For the first 3months of edwards life I was completely BFing then he started getting hungrier (feeding every2hrs for 45mins minimum) HV adv to give him formula to give myself a break so decided I would do this in the day and BF at night which worked ok (still not sleeping through the night though). Now he is on solids I would like to go back to majority BFing during the day and 1 bottle before bed.
Now I need to know how to get my milk supply back up. Any help??

Nic - this is what I mean about the confusion! :lol:

Bubbles - I am going to copy this in to a thread in the main board and then I will personally come and answer...is that ok? :D

Blinkies!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/BFing%20Blinkies/circlebfwb.gif

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/BFing%20Blinkies/circlebfwb1.gif

Also changed the thread title. Yay, Nay?

If you don't know the code, it's (with no stars)...

[*url=https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/135217-get-your-own-personal-bnb-champion-one-one-support-here.html][IMG*]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/BFing%20Blinkies/circlebfwb1.gif[/IMG][/url]

Thanks. :) Put an extra bit in the first post too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->