Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Thanks! I took your advice and last night I didn't give her EBM. I just propped myself up for the night on the sofa and kept her on the breast for as long and as often as she wanted. It was long and tedious but she eventually did settle. I think I will keep at it.

Is it okay to pump after feeds to keep a stash of EBM for the future? Will that affect my supply? I'm not yet comfortable bf'ing in public so I give her EBM if we're out.

well done on sticking it out :thumbup:

pumping after a feed will affect supply in a good way as will encourage body to produce a little more than needed :)

Good job!! :dance:

Yep, what Wishing said. Pumping right after a feed is fine. :)

Hi - my surrogate baby is due in 17 days :happydance:

I have been taking domperidone, fenugreek and blessed thistle for about 8 weeks now and pumping with a double electric breast pump for all that time. I have had significant breast changes - gone up 2 cup sizes, but no milk yet, though I do have a little leakage now and again between pumping sessions but evaporates almost instantly leaving a dry residue.

I am trying not to get downheartened, because I THINK that the milk won't come in until baby is here and is put to the breast. I am also going to be using a Medela SNS.

I just wanted to know whether I should be seeing some milk coming in by now, or if it is normal not to have anything much after such a short time of taking the drugs/herbs and pumping.

I want to BF so much and I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thank you.

Hi, hon! :hugs: Trying PMing Rafwife. I don't think she checks this thread much. :shrug: But if you PM her this message, she'll get back to you.

I have no experience with this, so can't really help. But I want to say GOOD LUCK! I really hope this works for you!!

Hi - my surrogate baby is due in 17 days :happydance:

I have been taking domperidone, fenugreek and blessed thistle for about 8 weeks now and pumping with a double electric breast pump for all that time. I have had significant breast changes - gone up 2 cup sizes, but no milk yet, though I do have a little leakage now and again between pumping sessions but evaporates almost instantly leaving a dry residue.

I am trying not to get downheartened, because I THINK that the milk won't come in until baby is here and is put to the breast. I am also going to be using a Medela SNS.

I just wanted to know whether I should be seeing some milk coming in by now, or if it is normal not to have anything much after such a short time of taking the drugs/herbs and pumping.

I want to BF so much and I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thank you.

although i can only give you feedback on my experience (not through inducing lactation) i thought i'd confirm that in my case i leaked for the last months of pregnancy, then when isabel was born i continued to leak tiny amounts for a couple of days as it was only colostrom and my milk didn't come in until about day three of having her. When baby sucks they are much more efficient than a pump can ever be and they give specific signals to the breast so i think the fact you've increased cup sizes and are leaking are in themselves extremely positive signs that you're heading the right way

good luck and congratulations on your new imminent arrival :)

Hi Ladies

This is my first time venturing in here and I had a couple of questions I'd like to ask. Didn't just want to message someone so if any of you have a few minutes you could spare me I would really appreciate it :hugs:

xxx

Has anyone replied to you yet hun? I'll try to help if not x

Hi, Pops! Ask away! You can either PM someone, or just ask here. :mrgreen:

thinking of TTC within the next 2 months....had lots of issues with bfing my son who is now two and had to stop at 4 mos old :(....NICU baby and other medical issues that led to low supply and i couldnt take meds to increase due to a heart condition yadda yadda....i can explain more later lol but i was wondering if there was someone i could team up with to talk about preperation for bfing, if there is anything i can do before hand to avoid these issues and that kinda stuff......would prefer a person who went through similar difficulties and was able to overcome them

thanks in advance for any help

hi formunky! Congrats on thinking about TTC again :)

OK firstly, every breastfeeding experience is different. Some women find it really easy with the first and struggle with the second, and for others it is the other way around. It doesnt necessarily mean you will struggle this time just because you did with your son :hugs:

I dont have personal experience of the things you are talking about but i know that there are champions that have - feel free to PM any of them (there's a list of champions in the first post sectioned into their various area's of speciality) or someone is bound to get back to you here :)

xxx

Hi

This isnt really a feeding question but not sure who else/where else to post

I exclusivley fed Isobelle for 6months then introduced solids and at 8months i was only feeding her 1ce a day and giving formula and solids due to returning to work, i have now stopped at 10 and half months and was wondering how long it will take for my milk to dry up?
Im finding it really hard as she does go looking for it sometimes and i have to walk away otherwise i will give in and start feeding her again

Thanks
Sarah

Hiya, just wondered if I could get some advice on feeding my LO.

It appears as my breast gets emptier it hurts when he feeds proably about halfway through.

I take him off and re latch him but it still hurts. Alo when I take him off it really hurts too. I do use my little finger to break the suction but ti is very ouchie!!

Sorry I meant to say thanks in advance for any help - i clicked the post button by mistake!!!

Rah, it can take quite a while for milk to dry up when you have been feeding for as long as you have. All i can suggest is wearing supportive bras and making sure you are comfortable. its best not to express if you want your milk to dry up completely. Also, wear covering non-tight tops to discourage your LO from hunting for the boob.

Sahara, deep breast pain can be a sign of thrush. Have you got sore nipples at all? has your LO got any white patches in his mouth? Its worth getting your latch checked also, have your health visitor take a peek next time she comes to see you. Do you have a breastfeeding group in your area? its definitely worth popping in and having a chat with some other women. Breastfeeding can be uncomfortable at times in the beginning when everything is settling down, but pain is usually a sign that something isnt quite right. Do you have any other symptoms, sore bits, anything else that could point towards a problem?

thank you, sorry I didn't reply sooner, my partner just got out of hospital after a hip replacement and he has had some problems.

No sign of thrush that I can see. my nipples are quite traumatised so guessing that is the cause of pain.

I have notice that when he latches on his bottom lip osn't curling over like it should. I wait until his mouth has a wide gape etc, but its still not happening. any thoughts I would be most gratefull.

Thank you

My baby is 2 weeks old. I breastfeed and pump breastmilk for him. But i can never seem to fill a 5oz bottle for him. I will pump both breasts and only get about 3oz at most. Is this normal? Why cant i fill up the bottle?

Sahara, have you tried to pull his lip or chin down just a nudge? Or unlatch and relatch him until he gets it right. In the early days I would have to latch and unlatch Otter MANY times sometimes. It is no fun to do when every relatch means painful nipples again, but a bad latch will drag out the pain longer (days, weeks) than suffering through multiple relatches for a few days.

Tink, at that age, 3 oz is PLENTY!!!! Don't think of EBM in terms of formula when it comes to how much LO needs. 3-5 ounces is all they ever need. 2-3 is normal for the first few months. The BM adjusts caloric, fat, and nutritional content based on baby's needs. So, baby doesn't necessarily need more like they would of formula. At 8 months old, my LO would still only take 3-4 ounces at at time. He never really took more than 5 and that was only during a growth spurt. Right now your baby's tummy is only the size of an acorn, so fills up after only a couple of ounces.

Ok thank you. Also though the reason i asked was because i was planning on getting a job in about 2 months or so. and was trying to figure out how to store up on breast milk. How should i go about doing this.? I really dont want to supplement with Formula..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->