Getting a little concerned now!!!

charliemeg

Waiting
Reaction score
Well heres the story, I came off the pill about 6 months ago and was only on it less than a year. Since coming off it I have had periods ranging from a 19 day cycle to 36 day cycle. I seem to be spotting in between periods which is brown in colour (sorry tmi). However when I have a heavy period I either have to change a super tampon every 2 hours or my mooncup is full within 3 hours.
:hissy:
I am getting a little worried as my cycle just doesnt seem to be getting any better and when I start on a heavy period for the first couple of days I am having such bad cramping that I am just layed up and cannot be bother to move (and honestly feel really sorry for myself).

I am so fed up as I wanted to know when my cycle starts and finishes so I can do natural family planning until we decide to have a baby. Any advice guys? I am getting rather worried about it now.
:cry:
AF arrived yesterday and before then she arrived on the 20th feb for 5 days but this was not like a normal period. I didnt have any cramping and it was brown in colour.

Is it anything to worry about or should I go see the doctor?

Before the pill - were your cycles crazy like this?? - i know lots of women get on the pill to regulate their cycles.. and the brown blood just sounds to me.. like old blood.. still from the pill.. my dr told me (when i came off bcp in august) - it could take me up to a year to get pg.. and when you get past that mark.. to call.. so.. basically its just a waiting game.. if you are too concerned.. you could make an appt.. :hugs: i hope everything gets worked out for you.

try eveing primrose oil or agnus castus up to ovulation only they have been advised to help xxx

I stopped my pill for about 5 months once and only had one period :shrug: I think some people get crazy on the pill... though then i went back on and a month later i fell pregnant :lol:

I was told it would only be 6 months till the pill was out of my system. I am not sure what they were like before cos I have always been on one pill or another and to be honest cant remember. I think from what you have all said I will wait another 2 months and see how it goes. I think I am just getting annoyed with it all now as I sometimes dont have any signs that I will be starting my period and this can get annoying lol

charliemeg - I feel your pain. I went off the pill almost 11 months ago and it was 2 months before I had my first AF after my last pill. Then my cycles were 38 days, 31 days, 43 days, 86 days and 58 days! I have been trying to get in with a doctor but it is so hard to get a family doctor here!!
I don't think there is a standard answer. I had totally regular cycles before going on BCP and was on it for 10 years. Some people go right back to normal, others don't. Some people get pregnant right after going off BCP, some people don't. I will be TTC in July so I have been trying to get into see a doctor since January. I think even if your cycles are normal it's a good idea just to get a physical before TTC. A doctor definitely knows what to look for anyway.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->