Getting bad attitude from friend in nursery

cat_reversing

Mummy to beautiful V
Reaction score
DD has a 'best' friend at nursery but whenever the other girl is there, DD always comes home with an attitude, answering back and being rude, not listening and generally being defiant. The other girl has many days off and on those days we don't see the same level of bad attitude so it's something to do with this friend.
Oh wants to speak to nursery about them correcting the other girls behaviour but I don't know what they'll be able to do about it.
It's a shame because DD really likes the friend but she affects DD behaviour in a negative way.
Anyone else had this? What to do?

Going forward you cant control other peoples kids behaviour, or who your child wants to be friends with. You can only correct your daughters behaviour.

Mines sometimes tried things shes seen other kids do, like having attitude with their parents or worse. Shes been punished and shown I wont put up with it and it stops.

I would just be ver firm, if not too firm when she shows behaviours you dont want to see. She'll soon get the idea

Going forward you cant control other peoples kids behaviour, or who your child wants to be friends with. You can only correct your daughters behaviour.

Mines sometimes tried things shes seen other kids do, like having attitude with their parents or worse. Shes been punished and shown I wont put up with it and it stops.

I would just be ver firm, if not too firm when she shows behaviours you dont want to see. She'll soon get the idea

Agree with this. The only thing you can control is your daughter's behavior. So, you may want to consistently and persistently talk to her about how to behave properly or why he behavior is wrong. Just make sure to be gentle. Kids can really be sensitive. Also, make sure that you won't tell her to stay away from her friend. It'll just cause more trouble. Just take it one step at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->