getting bfn's

Dukebaby25

Reaction score
hey there everyone

its the day before my af is due and Im still getting bfn's Im 14 dpo and have pretty much given up hope that this is my month. Im wondering if there is still a chance or if im just so hopeful that Ive made myself believe im pregnant.

also I was wondering if anyone knew more about low hcg production and if thats a possibility...

It's still possible. Some women don't make enough hcg until after AF is missing to be picked up by a test. It has to start being filtered out by the kidney's before showing up on a HPT and that takes a couple days longer than what's found in blood.
I had low hcg with my son. It was picked up by a HPT, but after I started spotting they tested my levels. I was on the low side to begin with and wasn't quite doubling like you're supposed to. I was told to expect a miscarriage, but put on bed rest just in case. He's now four. My levels did eventually pick up and get to the "normal" they liked, it just took me a little longer.

It's still possible. Some women don't make enough hcg until after AF is missing to be picked up by a test. It has to start being filtered out by the kidney's before showing up on a HPT and that takes a couple days longer than what's found in blood.
I had low hcg with my son. It was picked up by a HPT, but after I started spotting they tested my levels. I was on the low side to begin with and wasn't quite doubling like you're supposed to. I was told to expect a miscarriage, but put on bed rest just in case. He's now four. My levels did eventually pick up and get to the "normal" they liked, it just took me a little longer.

Thank you for your thoughts! I really hope thats what it is. It doesn't help that a friend on mine said she had a dream that I was pregnant. she also informed me that she has had two other dreams of pregnancy with other friends and they turned up pregnant. Im like, thanks alot! talk about unneeded pressure! haha Im not freaking out or anything but jeez... haha :wacko:

It's not over until the :witch: arrives. Please don't lose hope! :hugs:

Thank you for your thoughts! I really hope thats what it is. It doesn't help that a friend on mine said she had a dream that I was pregnant. she also informed me that she has had two other dreams of pregnancy with other friends and they turned up pregnant. Im like, thanks alot! talk about unneeded pressure! haha Im not freaking out or anything but jeez... haha :wacko:

Maybe she's a dreaming psycic!! :haha: That'd be good for you!!!
Oh and with my first child, I barely(and I mean barely) had a faint positive on the day I missed my period. Hang in there!

Maybe she's a dreaming psycic!! :haha: That'd be good for you!!!
Oh and with my first child, I barely(and I mean barely) had a faint positive on the day I missed my period. Hang in there!

I sure hope so! I mean I wouldn't want her to be wrong! for her sake.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->