Getting comfortable

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for getting comfortable while BF'ing in bed?

I bf sitting up and just can't get comfortable. I keep having to use pillows either under LO or under my legs to raise LO to me.

Pillows under LO always move out of place. She keeps slipping in the middle towards my tummy and gets lower as the feeding goes on.

Pillows under my thighs/knees are difficult when I'm alone. They help but are too much trouble to move away and the movement wakes LO up if she slept.

I feel like constantly having to raise my legs myself is really hurting many parts of my feet/legs and it's taking its toll on me.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Visuals would be a great help.

Something for you to check out that works for me: a breastfeeding pillow called My Brest Friend. It clips around you and is the best breastfeeding thing I have, I use it every time I breastfeeding unless I'm out. At night I sit up and put a pillow behind my lower back for support against the wall and use that pillow and I'm good to go. Due to the clip, it never moves away from you and puts baby at exactly the right height. I'm in Canada and found mine at Winners for cheaper than normal.

I have a co-sleeper cot attatched to my bed and I just lie down to feed LO. When he wakes, I move closer and he latches lay on his side and usually grabs my boob with both hands lol.
See pic below (taken from babycentre)

Attachments

• lay down.jpg
    lay down.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 68
I put a v shaped pillow behind me and then two normal pillows on my lap. This way my head and back are supported and dd2 is high enough up.

Once I learned to feed side lying it got waaay more comfortable - but that took until DD was a bit bigger.

What helped me a lot was getting a big cushion (used a sofa cushion) for behind my back - stopped me slipping down the bed so in turn made me put less pressure on my back.

I have a My Brest Friend nursing pillow. It is sooo much easier than messing around with cushions etc. and I would definitely recommend one of these if you're finding it hard to get comfy.

Side-lying is really comfy for me too, but the downside is I almost always fall asleep nursing that way...

I have a co-sleeper cot attatched to my bed and I just lie down to feed LO. When he wakes, I move closer and he latches lay on his side and usually grabs my boob with both hands lol.
See pic below (taken from babycentre)

I love feeding this way too but wait until he's starting to fall asleep using the pillow and has a good burp because I'm too lazy to lay down and feel sleepy and get back up to burp. :blush:

When i used to feed lo1 lying down i never burped her? Lol she seemed ok..

If ma LO falls asleep while feeding I don't burp him. He's never been bothered by wind and usually bottom burps when I'm feeding anyway lol. X

Thanks ladies

I'll try my brest friend

But for burping, if my baby falls asleep nursing I don't burp her...i don't want to wake her up lol

I sit indian style on the bed with a Boppy pillow on my lap. This has worked well for us since she was a newborn.

https://www.boppy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/product-instructions-boppy-pillow.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->