Getting depressed now....

Noodlebear

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I am still around a stone heavier than I was before LO. I'm not really that heavy but I'm petite and I just can't pull it off. My issue is that I have very little time to exercise (I work sat at a computer :/), I graze through the day because I seldom have chance for a proper lunch break and am a bit picky with my food (eg I would happily eat a salad....smothered in something to make it taste nice :haha:)
If anyone could point me in the direction of some really tasty snacks, lunchbox ideas and family friendly dinners I'd be so grateful!! I have just eaten jambalaya made with brown rice....shamefully it's the first time I've ever eaten brown rice! I'm a lost cause!

Don't give up, you're doing better than you think! Desk jobs are rough, but if you google desk chair exercises, you might get some ideas for things you can do in snippets throughout the day without leaving your desk.

For snacks, I like grapes or berries, because they taste sweet like candy, aren't messy, and don't require prepping. Or veggies dipped in a little hummus is good too. I also like salads, and I find that the more stuff i put in them, the less I miss loading it with dressing...try different toppings like beans, a little tuna or lean meat, raisins, an egg, or some fruit, seeds...or any veggie of course. A little oil and vinegar and you won't miss the heavier dressings. Or a pita/wrap filled with a little meat/cheese and a LOT of veggies, sprouts, etc.

For dinners, I've found vegetarian cookbooks to be useful (Easy Vegan is one I've gotten several tasty recipes from). I usually add meat anyway, but you may find recipes for veggies you've never tried, or seasonings that make them more palatable if you don't normally like them. Also, cooking your normal favorite meals but with more veggies and less meat/sauce can work well too. So you still get the flavor of your favorite foods, but you fill up more on the veggie part which is less calories.

It's hard being refined to a computer, I usually make sure I'm active on lunch breaks- wandering round the town centre for example. And only eating what you bring to work, so no bringing money for snacks. Also being BFF with the water cooler will help :) good luck

Thank you both. Before LO I worked nearby so I'd walk to work and then be on my feet all day, I didn't have to watch what I ate and was an ok weight. Fast forward to now and I'm heavier anyway, have to bus to work and sit at a desk all day.....was just feeling a bit sorry for myself the other day when I stepped on the scales! Determined to make a real go of this weight loss thing (once all the Christmas food's gone of course ;))

Aw it sucks when things change and you notice it on your body. I've had to stop walking to work because it's so dark in the mornings now, and now as a result have to watch what I eat more. Christmas never helps, far to many temptations and yummy-ness floating around. Scoff it all quick so it's gone and make a fresh start, you can do it :)

Have you thought about getting a PT ball to sit on at work? It will help strengthen your core and might help you burn a few extra calories each day.

Some healthy snacks I like are:

PB on celery
Pecans (careful about the cals though!)
Banana
Apple sauce
No-Sugar Added Carnation breakfasts are a life saver for me and SO delicious!

When I'm at home I will also make smoothies with spinach. I'm really not a huge fan of the super healthy vegetables, and when I add spinach I can't taste it at ALL. My latest "creation" has been to blend 1 banana, 3/4 cup frozen or fresh berries (you choose what berries), 3/4 cup light v8 (I'm using strawberry banana). Put the spinach in first as it will blend better that way. :)

I hope that's helpful! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->