Getting Fit Before Baby

lol!

I hear you on that one. The beginning of this month started out great for me, but this past week, I have had zero energy and zero motivation. I haven't done a "real" workout in a few days.

If only it was as easy to stick to a diet and workout plan as it is to set an alarm and take a BBT every morning! Erf. I can set a workout alarm all I like. It's not going to make me get on that elliptical trainer. Haha

Ugh....not done well today, as we have had our company party pretty much all day long! Oh well guess I'll count today as a cheat day & start fresh tomorrow.... Holidays are SO hard!

Agreed! Not just for parties, but all the holiday-themed goodies! Peppermint mochas, candy canes, fruitcakes... Man. I'm glad I'm not exposed to that stuff much, 'cause I'd want to stuff my face every chance I got.

It's bad enough DH brought home GIANT chocolate chip cookies last night! lol

See, I do catering on the side too so non stop candies & junk galore! Not to mention the crap brought in by kids & dh :(

Eep! That's gotta be rough!

Does chewing gum help you avoid snacking? Sometimes it does for me.

Yes, that & I try to not work on my orders hungry! lol Usually I'm burned out in a few days, so it does get easier lol

Hello iRead, Cupcake, and Tigger! Looks like you ladies are off to a good start. A loss is a loss, no matter how small. :)

I participate in other fitness-focused forums, but I think it would be neat to have the specific kind of support of other TTCers, so I'll hop on board! I only have about 15 lbs to lose, but I've trying to lose this same 15 lbs for freaking ever, but lose motivation and consistency. Lost it all and regained it a couple years ago. I would like to get my BMI closer to the middle of the healthy range instead of bouncing between upper end of healthy and lower end of overweight. Looking forward to working with you all!

Stats:
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Starting Weight: 153 lbs
Goal Weight: 138 lbs

Weigh-ins:
December 8: (Wasn't participating)
December 15: 153 lbs
December 22:
December 29:

Total for December: +/-

Things I struggled with this month: Just starting today, but I can say I've definitely struggled with both eating habits (too many indulgences) and getting consistent exercise so far this month. The exercise portion is getting better and I'm working at getting my nutrition back on track as well.

Things I did well this month: Drank plenty of water, focused on good posture/alignment, and consistently took my vitamins/supplements (e.g., folic acid, D3, etc.).

Welcome!

Hello iRead, Cupcake, and Tigger! Looks like you ladies are off to a good start. A loss is a loss, no matter how small. :)

I participate in other fitness-focused forums, but I think it would be neat to have the specific kind of support of other TTCers, so I'll hop on board! I only have about 15 lbs to lose, but I've trying to lose this same 15 lbs for freaking ever, but lose motivation and consistency. Lost it all and regained it a couple years ago. I would like to get my BMI closer to the middle of the healthy range instead of bouncing between upper end of healthy and lower end of overweight. Looking forward to working with you all!

Stats:
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Starting Weight: 153 lbs
Goal Weight: 138 lbs

Weigh-ins:
December 8: (Wasn't participating)
December 15: 153 lbs
December 22:
December 29:

Total for December: +/-

Things I struggled with this month: Just starting today, but I can say I've definitely struggled with both eating habits (too many indulgences) and getting consistent exercise so far this month. The exercise portion is getting better and I'm working at getting my nutrition back on track as well.

Things I did well this month: Drank plenty of water, focused on good posture/alignment, and consistently took my vitamins/supplements (e.g., folic acid, D3, etc.).

Welcome! :hugs:

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. :flower:

Oh the holidays. I've been so bad. Cookies, cocoa, snacks at work, even a holiday dinner tonight. Ughhh. I've kinda accepted that this week is just going to be pretty nutty. Not using that as a reason to freefall into the nearest plate of cookies, though (who am I kidding, I probably am)!

Do any of you use goal dates or are trying to lose a certain amount each week? Or do you focus more on letting it happen at its own pace? Just curious. :)

I've pretty much figured our that I WILL mess up regularly with my eating plan until after Christmas! My "goal" is not to GAIN thru the end of next week! lol Seriously tho...I try to aim to lose between 1-2 pounds a week, granted when I get serious about it I can do better than that, but that's the WW goal.....My Ultimate goal is to lose 70+ in the next year, which may be a little unrealistic but I figure if I could lose 110 in 2 years I can do it if I buckle down & WORK on it......That's the hard part! Thinking about getting a gym membership next month? Thoughts or anyone do that? I used to do curves, but I hated it & felt stupid doing it.....

Thanks for the welcome, ladies. :flower:

Oh the holidays. I've been so bad. Cookies, cocoa, snacks at work, even a holiday dinner tonight. Ughhh. I've kinda accepted that this week is just going to be pretty nutty. Not using that as a reason to freefall into the nearest plate of cookies, though (who am I kidding, I probably am)!

Do any of you use goal dates or are trying to lose a certain amount each week? Or do you focus more on letting it happen at its own pace? Just curious. :)

Yes, holidays are super rough :-( I'm doing a good job of ignoring the bad stuff at work, and bringing my lunch everyday, but once per week or so there is a day where I am eating out because of holiday or business meal, etc. When I do eat out, I just try really hard to eat as sensibly as I can.

I know I have a food addiction -- in particular a sugar addiction. Since I went on the low-GI diet (because I thought I might have PCOS and I know that this diet is a standard treatment for PCOS where I live), though, my attitude has completely changed about food. I think my body might just be insanely carb-sensitive, but the way I feel from before the diet compared to now is like night and day.

I decided to also count calories (I eat 1.200 calories per day, since I work at a desk job) and, other than the meals out I can't really avoid, I am extremely diligent. I think learning to stop thinking of food as a reward, or as entertainment, or a comfort when I'm stressed or board, but instead of looking at food as simply fuel for my body has changed my outlook a lot. I found that, before eating anything, asking myself the question, "Will I be happy about eating this after I've eaten it?" has helped me re-train my brain.

Since switching to this diet, the weight has more or less melted off (that's why I think I must be super carb-sensitive). I'm down over 19 kg since the first of September, and that was including a 2 week vacation in the US where we were eating out all the time, and a week-long offsite at my job where we had all of our meals catered for the week. I've done a lot of weight losing (and re-gaining) in the past, but this is the first time I feel like I've had a true lifestyle change, so I'm hoping whatever I lose actually sticks.

I don't look for a particular number on the scale . . . . I just like to see progress in the right direction. I guess my ultimate goal would be to hopefully hit my goal way in 1 year after starting the diet if I don't have a BFP by then (so, by the end of next August). At that point, I know there should be no barrier in my getting fertility help, etc.

I know I have a food addiction -- in particular a sugar addiction. Since I went on the low-GI diet (because I thought I might have PCOS and I know that this diet is a standard treatment for PCOS where I live), though, my attitude has completely changed about food. I think my body might just be insanely carb-sensitive, but the way I feel from before the diet compared to now is like night and day.

This is the same for me. I'm pretty sure I have PCOS but I haven't been in for a diagnosis because the OB/GYN wants me to try TTC without help for a while first.

I can cut calories and change to healthier versions of things all I like (for example, from white rice to brown rice; from white potatoes to sweet potatoes; from chicken with skin to skinless breasts, etc.), but if I don't also cut down on the carbs, I could eat an 800/day calorie diet (okay, I'm exaggerating!) and nothing would happen.

I, too, had to change the way I thought about food. I don't eat until I'm stuffed any more, I eat until I'm not hungry. And if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. It's okay to have dinner without following it up with a sweet or dessert of some kind. I'm increasing my protein intake and trying to decrease my carb intake. Not as drastically as on the Atkins diet, but I believe my carb intake has been cut in about half from my previous eating habits.

One of the things I told myself repeatedly when I first started my new diet earlier this year was, "Food is fuel, not comfort." (Reminds me of "Fish are friends, not food.. lol!)

DH and I always try to have 1 "date night" a week, where we go do something fun... In the past, that was always food related. We'd go out for ice cream, or to a sit down dinner somewhere, or both. Eep. Now we try to do things that don't necessarily require eating, like going to the movies, visiting the shops in old town, that sort of thing. Sometimes we stay in and have a movie marathon, or work on something to improve our home, or take the dogs on a car ride.

In the initial few months of that, it was SO WEIRD not using food as entertainment!

As far as goals go:

I'm aiming for at least 1 pound a week. I'm currently at a plateau that I've been fighting with since my surgery in May, and last week I finally broke through it... Only for PMS to kick me in the pants. This morning I woke up feeling so bloaty and puffy, my joints all hurt and I felt full even though I was hungry. Sure enough, I stepped on the scale to see I'm up almost three pounds. Ugh. I was hoping the water weight from Monday would be gone by now. Especially since I drank lots of extra water last night to help me flush out my system. No such luck. Bah!

It sounds like all of your goals and plans are pretty darn good ladies. I go through phases of being really committed and then just faceplanting off of the wagon and justifying my bad behavior. I am almost hopeful for a BFN (in the TWW right now) so that I can start the next cycle "fresh" and in a better place (more consistent exercise, higher veggie intake, etc.). Not to say I wouldn't be thrilled for a BFP, but if it isn't, I'll take it as extra motivation to make the next cycle extra healthy and purposeful in my behaviors.

It sounds like all of your goals and plans are pretty darn good ladies. I go through phases of being really committed and then just faceplanting off of the wagon and justifying my bad behavior. I am almost hopeful for a BFN (in the TWW right now) so that I can start the next cycle "fresh" and in a better place (more consistent exercise, higher veggie intake, etc.). Not to say I wouldn't be thrilled for a BFP, but if it isn't, I'll take it as extra motivation to make the next cycle extra healthy and purposeful in my behaviors.

That is EXACTLY my mindset right now! I'll be happy for a BFP, but if I don't get one, I will use next cycle to lose more weight so I'm in a better position for a baby once I get one. :)

BUUUUT

Today is CD39/16DPO for me. AF is now 3 - 4 days late, and I'm getting BFNs the past few days. I am beyond frustrated. I wish I knew one way or the other! :wacko:

That is really frustrating, ireadyermind! Does your AF start day typically fluctuate this much or is this a new thing?

That is really frustrating, ireadyermind! Does your AF start day typically fluctuate this much or is this a new thing?

It's only happened two other times this year: first because I had my copper/hormone free IUD removed, and my system had to adjust for the changes going on there, and it was exactly 7 days late as I had predicted to the OB/GYN - who didn't believe that the removal would cause any change at all (lol); second, because I had surgery on my cervix to remove cancerous cells. The combination of healing, pain meds, and anesthesia had me all screwed up and my period was a week or so late for that, too.

This time around, the only thing I can think is that I was sick earlier this month, for a good couple of weeks. I was sick last month too, though, and that didn't change my cycle any.

Everything I consider as a reason for a late AF has counter-indications and I am dizzy from going around in circles with myself. lol :wacko:

Phew! Seems like some of that water weight is coming off. My rings fit better today and I don't feel so puffy and full all the time. Thank goodness! Maybe the scale will have something nice to say to me on Monday morning! :)

Oh that's good. Love when the water weight chills out a bit. Hopefully Monday brings you a nice weigh in. :)

I think I am getting a cold. Not fun. :-( Sneezy, sniffly, drainage, sore throat, fatigue, stuffy feeling head, blah!

Oh that's good. Love when the water weight chills out a bit. Hopefully Monday brings you a nice weigh in. :)

I think I am getting a cold. Not fun. :-( Sneezy, sniffly, drainage, sore throat, fatigue, stuffy feeling head, blah!

Aww, I hope you're feeling better soon! Colds are the worst when you're TTC. It's so hard to get into the mood for BD when you're feeling crummy.

Glad to hear your less bloated! Did AF show?
Doc- get well soon!

I'm looking forward to last minute errands in the morning with my did, the a massage & reflexology, with possibly a nail job too! LoL Fridays are usually my "alone" days since I'm off, so I take it the max! Lmbo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->