Getting Fit Before Baby

ireadyermind

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a plus-sized gal and I'm trying to become UNplus-sized while waiting for my BFP!

Anyone else out there who's in the same boat who wants some support? You can post your stats here, and we can celebrate victories, give pep talks after setbacks, share recipes, etc. etc.

Doesn't matter if you have 10 pounds to lose, or 100+! If you want to get your body in better shape so that you'll have a healthier pregnancy, join us!!

:happydance:

Rules:
  1. Post your stats in a single post, then edit later as you have updates.
    (You're welcome to chat in the thread, it's just nice to have all your weigh-in info in one spot for the others to read!)
  2. Weigh-ins are every Monday, to help keep us from cheating over the weekend!
  3. No starvation diets, no single food diets.. just healthy eating and exercise!
  4. Be kind to one another!

Here's my recommended starter info, but you can include as much or as little as you want. :) I will continue to add weekly weigh-in results every Monday until I reach my goal weight, OR I get my BFP!

Things you might add include: reaching milestones, such as 10lbs lost, dropped a pants size, or halfway to goal; user names for fitness apps like MyFitnessPal, so that we can add one another and see daily progress; your daily calorie intake goal, or your exercise routines for the week; kudos to other participants for doing a good job or being motivating!

Stats:
Height:
Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:
MyFitnessPal Username:

Goals:
Lose ___ lbs/kgs by: (date)
Fit into size ___ pants by: (date)
Be able to do ___ push-ups by: (date)
(Feel free to change these to suit your needs!)

My Plan:
(Include daily calorie goals or minutes of exercise, menu plans, workout routines, etc.)

Weigh-ins:
(date):
(date):
(date):
(date):

Things I struggled with this month:

Things I did well this month:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to Participants Stat Posts!

• beccabonny
• BronteForever
• ireadyermind
• MissDoc
• tulip110
• Ursaula

Participants that don't have Stat Posts (yet):
N/A

Participants who got their BFPs!
• Fern81
• miracleworker
• Mrs.Green2015
• Mrs.Tigger
• Swimmyj1

Health & Fitness Resources:

MyFitnessPal - Food Diary, Exercise and Calorie Tracker App/Website
https://myfitnesspal.com

SparkPeople - Free Meal Plans, Recipes, Calorie and Exercise Tracker, Workout Videos, Support & Challenge Forums, Profile Pages, etc.
https://sparkpeople.com

Hungry Girl - Easy food swaps, low calorie recipe alterations, DIY versions of popular food & drinks like Starbucks, McDonalds, etc.
https://www.hungry-girl.com/

Youtube Channel: Yoga with Adriene - Excellent Yoga resource for beginners, intermediate and experienced "yogies"
https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

Tone It Up: Offers both free and premium services. Free sections include workout routines and recipes.
https://www.toneitup.com/

Green Thickie Healthy Smoothie Recipes
https://www.greenthickies.com/recipe-index/

Let me know if you have found more useful FREE health and fitness resources, and I can add them here!

DISCLAIMER

The participants in this thread, including me, are not giving you professional medical advice. You should talk to your physician before you take on any kind of reduced calorie diet or intense exercise program.

Remember: if something causes you pain, don't do it!

UPDATED! Please visit iReadYerMind's Stats & Goals for my new stats post.

I'll Join! :) My name is Stacie. I have struggled with my weight my whole life! I have a 15 dd (almost 16!) & a 13 ds by my ex-dh. Married my new dh almost 8 years ago, who has no children....I lost 110 pounds with WW & Walking/exercise then Had my Tubal Reversal in Nov. 2012, ended up with short tubes & dh has low counts :( We did our 1st IUI this time last year & did get a bfp, which we lost due to a Blighted Ovum :*( 2 more IUI's-bfn...Decided to go for IVF next fall, but NTNP for now with hopes that we get a Miracle before then. Between fertility meds, emotional eating & laziness I gained back almost 70 pounds, which I am determined to lose!!! Need to get my BMI down & get healthier to pursue our dreams :) Thanks for starting this thread & look forward to getting to know you!

Stats:
Height: 5' 2"
Starting Weight: 265
Goal Weight: 195 (to do IVF)

Weigh-ins:
December 15: 264
December 22: 264
December 29: 268(?)
Total for December: + 4 pounds :(

Things I struggled with this month: Motivation to stick with my good eating habits during the holidays & of course, getting off the couch! Excited to start Plexus as soon as my order rolls in! I need a good swift kick....
Things I did well this month: Apparently I ate well! lol I enjoyed the holidays & my family time!

January Weigh-ins:
January 5: 266
January 12: 260
January 19: 260
January 26: 257
Total for January: -9 pounds!!!

Things I struggled with this month: exercise & water retention

Things I did well this month: Sticking to my food plan & increasing my water intake...

February Weigh-ins:
February 2: 257
February 9: 256
February 16: 257
February 23: 259
Total for February: +2 :(

Depression & emotional eating....& of course, exercise! UGH

Things I did well this month: Decided to officially start over & get my butt on on Weight Watchers!

Weigh-ins:
March 2: 256
March 9: 255
March16:254
March 23:254
March 30:251.5
Total for March: -4.5 pounds!!!

Things I struggled with this month: Sticking to my plan, but its getting easier! Getting in enough exercise & water, but I'm working on both! LOL

Things I did well this month: Did not gain any at each weigh in!!!!

April 6: 249
April 13: 251.5
April 20: 251
April 27: 245
Total for April: 4 pounds

Getting in enough water & a plateau & gain at the gym! Felt awful knowing I worked my tail off, only to not see results on the scale!

Things I did well this month: Stuck to my work out plan at the gym & even added cardio!!!

May 4: 244
May 11: 243
May 18: 238
May 25: 239

Managed to get lazy the last couple of weeks :/
Total loss for May : 5 pounds! Total loss since joining this thread: 27 pounds!

June 1: 239
June 8: 236
June 15:-
June 22:-
June 29:-

July 6: 240 :(
July13: 236
July 20:
July 27:

Hey, welcome! Good job on those first 10 pounds, and good luck losing more with WW! :) I've heard lots of success stories with them.

I've struggled with my weight since childhood, too. Mostly due to emotional eating, and the fact that I'm a bookworm -- not at all interested in sports! Haha

Not all that long ago (okay, I lied - it was 10 years ago!) I weighed almost 300 pounds. I've been losing weight, but agonizingly slowly! It will be really nice to work with others who are trying to lose weight and TTC at the same time.

I hope this helps you too!

Thanks for the welcome! Which eating plan are you doing? Any tips for getting into a regular exercise routine? I love to do functional exercise, like mowing, yard work/gardening, wood etc. But fail miserably at videos. LoL I do ok with walking & am playing with the idea of a gym membership, but just not sure it will be worth the money....

I did a lot of research on various diets and menu plans before I settled into anything, and I eventually learned that many body builders or marathon runners focus on 3 main things: Protein, carbs, and fat. Their daily intake levels for each are something like 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat - or some variation thereof.

What that means for me is that I can eat up to 90g of carbs per day, 40g of fat, and something like 150g of protein -- possibly more, I don't have those numbers to hand. So while it's a lower carb diet, it's not as restrictive as the Atkins diet was, which makes it a lot easier.

We bought protein shake mix to help make up the gap with all the extra protein we're supposed to be eating, but it's hit or miss with those. The type we're trying now tastes SO gross... Haha.

I used MyFitnessPal to calculate all my food goals for me. They asked me what my daily activity level was, my height, weight, age, and gender, and they gave me some calorie ranges that would match what I was trying to achieve. On a day without exercise, I eat something like 1,500 calories, and on days where I do exercise, it's closer to 1,700. Since they say that the average diet is 2,000 calories, it's not too much lower than that. I'm not starving all the time, as long as I stick to my menu.

I can go more into detail on that stuff if you like, I just don't want to be too long-winded here! :) lol

When it comes to exercise... I sometimes have trouble staying motivated. DH and I have an exercise bike and an elliptical trainer, and also some small free weights to use. I usually focus on cardio, but I can totally relate to your preference for functional exercise! I get SO bored sitting on a bike and pedaling for half an hour, even if I have a book to read or a movie playing or something. It's just ridiculous.

I try to switch up my routine a lot, and sometimes that helps.

On the days that I really don't want to work out, I try to get at least 10 minutes of cardio done. Often times what happens is I'll be on the bike for 10 minutes and I'll think -- what's another 10? Easy! And then I end up getting my whole workout in.

Thanks for the info! I know slow & steady wins the race :) Just getting out of the starting line is sometimes the hard part! lol

Ugh, definitely! Weight loss is definitely something I struggle with, but having a support system of friends and fellow -- err, what should I call 'em, weight losers? lol -- makes things easier. If I have someone to vent to and someone to share successes with, I am generally more likely to stick with my plan. I hope your first week goes well!

Hi Ladies! I'll Join :flower:

I am following a low-GI diet combined with calorie counting.

Stats:
Height: 168 cm (5 feet, 6 inches)
Starting Weight: 145 kg (320 pounds)
Goal Weight: 90 kg (198 pounds)

Weigh-ins:
December 8: 126,5 kg (278,8 pounds)
December 15: 125,8 kg (277,3 pounds)
December 22: 123,8 kg (272,9 pounds)
December 29: 122,5 kg (270,1 pounds)
Total for December: -4,0 kg (8,7 pounds)

January 5: 121,4 kg (267,6 pounds)
January 12:118,9 kg (262,1 pounds)
January 19: 118,1 kg (260,4 pounds)
January 26: (On vacation; did not weigh in)
Total for January: -4,4 kg (9,7 pounds)

February 3: 117,1 kg (258,2 pounds)
February 9: 115,3 kg (254,2 pounds)
February 16: 115,3 kg (254,2 pounds)
February 23: 112,8 kg (248,7 pounds)
Total for February: -5,3 kg (11,7 pounds)

March 2: 112,3 kg (247,6 pounds)
March 9: (Traveling; did not weigh in)
March 16: (Traveling; did not weigh in)
March 23: (Traveling; did not weigh in)
March 31: 110,0 kg (242,5 pounds)
Total for March: -2,8 kg (6,2 pounds)

April 6: 106,9 kg (235,7 pounds)
April 13: 106,8 kg (236,5 pounds)
April 20: 106,8 kg (236,5 pounds)
April 27: 105,5 kg (232,6 pounds)
Total for April: -4,5 kg (9,9 pounds)

May 4: 103,5 kg (228,2 pounds)

[ Time away from boards, lots of travel - just maintained weight ]

August 3: 102,2 kg (225,3 pounds)
August 10:101,6 kg (224,0 pounds)
August 17:
August 24:
August 31:
Total for August: +/-

Total Weight Lost: 42,8 kg (94,4 pounds)

Welcome, Mrs. Tigger! :)

Glad to have you! You've lost LOTS of weight already, that's so great! ^^ Good job! I look forward to losing weight with you in the coming weeks. :)

Weighed in this morning as scheduled. Everything continues onward. :)

Looking forward to see you ladies' results this week :)

Way to go Mrs. Tigger!!! I only lost 1 pound, but since I just re-started WW on Thursday, I'll take it! lol Hope you guys have a great Monday!

Wow, amazing work Mrs. Tigger! Looks like that diet is really working for you! Keep it up!

Good job to you, too, Cupcakes! A pound is a pound, and that's a little bit further toward your goal!

As for me, AF is due today or tomorrow, and wouldn't you know? I woke up so bloated, my wedding band barely fit. I'm sure I lost weight this week, but the scale disagrees! I might weigh again once I'm feeling less puffy. Ack!

Hello iRead, Cupcake, and Tigger! Looks like you ladies are off to a good start. A loss is a loss, no matter how small. :)

I participate in other fitness-focused forums, but I think it would be neat to have the specific kind of support of other TTCers, so I'll hop on board! I only have about 15 lbs to lose, but I've trying to lose this same 15 lbs for freaking ever, but lose motivation and consistency. Lost it all and regained it a couple years ago. I would like to get my BMI closer to the middle of the healthy range instead of bouncing between upper end of healthy and lower end of overweight. Looking forward to working with you all!

Stats:
Height: 5 feet 6 inches
Starting Weight: 153 lbs
Goal Weight: 138 lbs

Weigh-ins:
December 8: (Wasn't participating)
December 15: 153 lbs
December 22:
December 29:

Total for December: +/-

Things I struggled with this month: Just starting today, but I can say I've definitely struggled with both eating habits (too many indulgences) and getting consistent exercise so far this month. The exercise portion is getting better and I'm working at getting my nutrition back on track as well.

Things I did well this month: Drank plenty of water, focused on good posture/alignment, and consistently took my vitamins/supplements (e.g., folic acid, D3, etc.).

Welcome, welcome! Happy to have another participant. :)

Are you on a specific diet plan, or counting calories, or something else?

I look forward to working with you! :)

Eh, when I'm "on track" then I count calories and try to eat a primarily whole-foods, heavily plant-based diet and do various exercise programs (a couple of the beachbody programs, jogging, and Turbulence Training which is just basic strength training and interval training). I have NOT been on track most of this month though, trying to drag myself kicking and screaming back to the track. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->