getting frustrated with timing......

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
HELP!!!! :hissy:

so we have been on rice cereal/oats for over a month now and he is doing really well with everything but my problem is the timing of everything.

during the week I am up at 5am to go to work and have alexander at the day home by 7:20.

How can I get him to eat a bottle and the rice cereal in the time between me getting ready, him being ready him having his bottle and then having enough room for the cereal.

Can i make a smaller bottle?

ex: this morning I fed him 6 oz at 520 and then he was too full to have any cereal.....and he spit up a lot of his bottle from trying to eat the cereal.

so should i maybe make him 4oz and then 2 tbsp of cereal?

The afternoons and evening are great because i am not as paranoid about him not having formula but i know it is important in the morning to give him his formula then feed him cereal.....but HOW?!?!

sorry.....so frustrated and so much on my mind....:blush:

When we started Tom off, we gave him the cereal first so he ate as much as he wanted, then gave him milk to finish him off :)

Yeah I do the same in the morning I give the solids first then the milk. Lunch I do the other way around and tea she has them spread out so tea at 5 and bottle at 7.

I know we haven't been at it as long as you, but we give Grady his cereal first, and then give him his bottle, instead of taking 6 oz for his bed time bottle, he seems to only take 3'ish!

I'd just give him his bottle personally - that's where he'll be getting all his nutrients at the moment x Could they give him the cereal once he's at the day home so you're not having to rush?

Love you loads xxx

At this point he will be getting most of his nutrients from milk and milk should make up the majority of his feeds really. Like elm suggested, could they give the cereal at day care if he's still hungry?

I agree with the above posters... can the dayhome help out with breakfast and take the pressure off you?

As sad as it sounds, I don't really like the idea of the day home lady feeding my baby. I think it comes hand in hand with the guilt of not bfing and with solids I have the control. :blush:

I also change him out of the clothes he went to the day home in as soon as he gets home because I don't want him smelling stuff that smells like there, I want him to be comfy in the clothes that smell like home.....typing this out makes me sound like A FREAK!!!! :rofl:

Anyway, so far, it all depends on his mood with the morning. If he wakes up smiling I can give him his cereal and still get a 6oz bottle down but if he is uin a grumpy mood i give him 5oz and then try to fight the cereal. Either way it is working!!

Thanks ladies!!!! :hugs:

I always gave cereal first and used formula to make it. As long as he is still drinking enough formula in the day, you dont have to worry about it. At 6 months he doesnt need as much formula and can easily be on 3 meals a day if he is doing well with solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->