Getting heavy

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Well, Theakston's around 22lbs and 8months old now and he's starting to make my shoulders ache in the front carry in the Connecta after a long morning. It seems to be harder and harder to get him in a comfy position (well, comfy for me, he seems fine), and now he's taller I have to keep re-jigging him because his shoulders come above the straps whereas he used to tuck under before.

I don't want to give up wearing him, or shift to a back carry because the reason I do it is so he can be snuggly close to me and 'talk' to me but I imagine it's going to get worse rather than better the bigger he gets, lol. Any tips? Maybe I just need to have a few practises of strapping him in in front of the mirror to see if I can improve things.

Hve u tried different slings? the larger the straps and the more spread over ur back they are, the more the weight will b spread across ur back making it easier. maybe try something with thick, cross over st the back straps- maybe more padding might help too and have the straps go slightly over the tops of ur sholders rather than right next to ur neck (i find my neck feels tense and 'pulled' unless the i put the straps slightly on my sholders) and make sure the cross over point is lower down ur back coz if its quite near ur neck/top of back i feel it pulls at my neck more.

have u tried a wrap? then u can spread out the material at the back so more of ur back takes the weight?

HTH

x

I bought a mei-tai type sling (google snuggly slings) and the straps on that are lovely and wide, I stopped wearing jocelyn when she was 16 months because my bump was too big to carry her on my front anymore (and like you, I didn't want to go to backwearing) but she was 28lbs by that point and we could have cheerfully carried on from a weight perspective!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->