getting into routine?

vicky

Reaction score
what routine do u have ur little ones bedtime???

Kacy was really easy to get into routine But kira is a different matter and for the life of me i can't remember what i did with Kacy.:blush:

Kira is a good sleeper after about 11 but before 11 she screams we figured she was scared of the dark so her crying isn't as bad now we leave the landing light on. i just don't know what to do before 11 she just wouldn't settle, we leave her for 20 mins at a time cos we know she is fine if her crying gets louder we do go up earlier.

she is getting more awake in the day but still not for very long. at mo just to get some peace she is sat on me, but she was in her moses basket with me talkin to her and tv on and she still screamed. :hissy:

Can anyone suggest anything please just for her to settle in the evening?

Sorry, Kaya only started to get into a routine at 4 months

have you tried swaddling her? maybe she just likes to be held and swaddling them makes them feel a bit more secure, like their tight back in the womb (at least thats what i was told).. good luck x

(p.s as her screaming is in the evening does she have colic???

yeah, you might check out the colic. Although they aren't supposed to get it past 6 months I think. They usually go with crying for 3 hours, at least 3 days a week, for at least 3 weeks before they say a baby has colic though.

The midwfie thinks she might have colic cos of her screaming when she needs winding and crying when she is pooing and how runny they are, but she didn't give me any advice on how to make her feel better.

Swaddle i can't do it, i tried to swaddle her and she manages to get her self free from it, anyone know a good website on how to swaddle a baby.

try this link here hun

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/newborn/howtoswaddleyourbaby/

or I found these on youtube....:happydance: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5pSIeeHeo8&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2CE3VXv40

You're welcome hun, hope they help :)

How's the swaddling going? It worked a treat for Charlotte early on. Just had to do it pretty tight so that she couldn't escape. God, that sounds cruel!

As for bedtime routine... bath... baby lotion massage....milk...story...bed. Is that what you were after?

I still swaddle Lucy :blush: She wont settle any other way.

As for routine, Lucy is 7 months on Monday and we still aint in one.

Good luck Vicky, hope she settles soon for you xxxx

try the swaddling but she didn't like it, she likes being free. since doing the post i've tried to relax a bit on routine cos she is only little. Last night and the night before she came down here in her moses basket and whinged until 9 when she started screaming took her out and she feel asleep, tonight went upstairs to get kacy ready for bed, put kira on kacy bed and she feel asleep so i put her in her moses basket and she only woke up at half 8 for a feed and settled back down ok, so lets hope that carrys on.

Thanks for the reply girls

I started Rylee as soon as she knew day from night and now shes real good about going to bed and sleeps through the night, we have no problems. Shes only 2 months.

What I did was the 1st night I wanted to start the bed time deal was started at 9 (shooting for asleep by 10) with a diaper change,bath, bottle and put her to bed, she cried and was fussy for almost 2 hours so the next night we just stared 2 hours sooner. until we worker it out where by bed time she was sleepy and we could do the bath and what not right before.
Took us about a week.

Now that she has a bed time we do diaper change,bath, bottle and then bed starting it all at 9:30 and 8 nights out of 10 shes asleep between 10 and 10 30pm.

But I just realized I didn't want a 1 year old going to bed at ten nor did I want a 3,5,7, or 9 year old going to bed that late so we are moving it down a few hours which I might say is very hard.

You could also try waking her up earlier, then normal so she is more sleepy by the time you want the "bed time" to be and/or not letting her nap for more then 20 mins at a time.... I really dont know how baby life is at that age, like I said Rylee is only 2 months and shes my first.

I hope maybe I could have been of some help:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->