getting married when pregnant

Doodlebug.

New wife & mum
Reaction score
Hi girls :flower:

So, my OH and I had been ttc for quite a while and since it wasnt happening quite as quickily as we thought it would, we decided to put some wedding plans into action.
Anyways we then got our BFP :happydance: so decided to put the wedding on hold coz we cant justify spending so much when we have a baby on the way.

but i've been thinking, I really want to marry my OH and would like to be married before the baby comes and thought we could go just the two of us and get married but now im thinking how would I tell family etc. would we need to have a party? :shrug: also I dont want people thinking we got married quickly just because im pregnant :dohh:

what would you do?
sorry this is so long :coffee:

We got married just me, DH and two random(ish) witnesses (and DD1 and bump) :haha: and a photographer!

Yep, people weren't so amused that they weren't there or even told, but we wanted the day to be between us and the babies. We kept it a secret right until maybe an hour or ao after the ceremony. If others couldn't be happy that that wa how we wanted it, then tough. :shrug: I'm sure there's been a lot of bitching behind our backs but I still wouldn't change how we did it. Those who had out best interests at heart would understand.

It was intimate, we didn't have to put on any face for anyone. I cried :dohh: and not a lot of organisation needed!

DH and I planned our wedding for when I would be nearly 8 months pregnant. Our daughter ended up dying 3 weeks before the wedding, so I was induced and delivered 2 weeks before. We had a fairly small wedding (25 people), but everyone said it was beautiful. We ended up having everything in the church. They had me order a dress that was WAY too big. (I hardly had a bump at all even before I delivered.) They ended up having to get one in my regular size and have it delivered in when I went for my fitting the day after delivery. They got it altered (luckily only needed the bustle and pulled in a bit on the top/ sides) in time and everything worked out great.

We got married just me, DH and two random(ish) witnesses (and DD1 and bump) :haha: and a photographer!

Yep, people weren't so amused that they weren't there or even told, but we wanted the day to be between us and the babies. We kept it a secret right until maybe an hour or ao after the ceremony. If others couldn't be happy that that wa how we wanted it, then tough. :shrug: I'm sure there's been a lot of bitching behind our backs but I still wouldn't change how we did it. Those who had out best interests at heart would understand.

It was intimate, we didn't have to put on any face for anyone. I cried :dohh: and not a lot of organisation needed!

this is what I want :) How did you then announce it to your family?

Erm... Well we told my parents and family just before as I knew they weren't going to make a fuss. As for DH, well he did it all wrong and freaked out, so it wasn't until 6m later they found out from a livid me one night complaining about my husband... Yeah, that kinda done it!

Im sure there's nice ways to do it right though:haha:

Erm... Well we told my parents and family just before as I knew they weren't going to make a fuss. As for DH, well he did it all wrong and freaked out, so it wasn't until 6m later they found out from a livid me one night complaining about my husband... Yeah, that kinda done it!

Im sure there's nice ways to do it right though:haha:

:haha: not quite what i had in mind but its definately memorable :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"