Getting nervous...

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Before I start i'm not after anyones opinions on this matter, nor am I after heated discussions etc...

Well... My mum and my aunt are taking Savannah to get her ears pierced tomorrow; and i'm nervous. I refuse to go coz i'm a sook, lol. My aunt has always gotten her daughters done at 6wks and they have never had a problem; I also had mine done at an early age and am very grateful that I don't remember it. I will express and give mum a bottle to take with them to help soothe her, I always put her on the breast when she gets her needles and it helps.

Has anyone else gotten their daughters ears done this early? How did it turn out?
Once again, I don't want anyone starting fights over it being wrong etc. Each parent to their own, and what you say is not going to stop them from taking Savannah to get her ears done. If my OH said he didn't want them done then I told him I don't mind, but he's all for it, which is quite odd...

sorry to jump in, my mum got my ears pierced when i was 3 months old and i know alot of people who have done so for there daughters, as you said each parent to there own, i hope she doesn't get too upset, but its done before they even realise it hurt xxx

No, I refuse to put Mia through unnecessary pain. Honestly, the baby will not know why she has earings and she couldn't care less anyways.

No, I refuse to put Mia through unnecessary pain. Honestly, the baby will not know why she has earings and she couldn't care less anyways.

This ^ plus I would be terrified incase she ate the earring.
I'll just wait until Hallie asks me, be it at 4 years old or 12 years old.
She could be anti-piercing and ive just put a unnecessary hole in her body
just for my vanity!!

I had mine done as a baby and dont remeber it, now I can go months without earings in and the holes dont close over, so I'm grateful. I think times have changed and it is now frowned upon to get a babies ears peirced, but like you said you're not after anyones opinion, but I hope you will put a pic on once they are done because I think they are very cute. Good luck Savannah x

I personally wouldn't get Grace's ears pierced, partly because I don't like the look of it on such young babies IMO. Partly because I want her to choose whether she wants it done when she's a bit older. Plus I would also be worried she'd discover it and start playing with it and make it sore. Hope it doesn't hurt her too much

I've just heard that Claire's and them want the baby to have all of their first round of injections before piercing, so I don't think it should be a problem. From what I've heard, the babies barely even notice them. Good luck!

i think my main worry would afterwards, if she plays with the earings-pulls on them or swallows one?

(i don't personally like the look though of young babies with earings, but each to their own).

keely.

Mine were done as a baby, but I will not be doing this to Jasmine. She can have it done later in life at her choice.

I had my ears pierced when i was only a baby about 6 months old i think but it is cute on little girls and i think at the age savannah is now she wont notice its there and by the time shes old enough to sit up and play with things shel be used to it being there so probably wont even bother touching it x

I had mine done at an early age but I won't be doing it to Lola. Just my personal preference, she's a baby who doesn't really care if she has her ears pierced or not and I'm a bit scared she would pull them or swallow them.
She can have it done when she wants to do it.

Its all personal choice! I asked to have mine done when I was about 4 and would not stop asking! Eventually Mum caved in and took me to have them done. I refused to cry as I wanted them sooooo much! Its a great memory!! I am not too keen on small children with earings...it does look a bit odd and I can imagine I would be scared of them getting caught on clothes when changing all the time. Hope it all goes well for you tho hun x

maddi has yet to have her's done, i'm not sure when tbh, i had mine done a about 4 months old, never had any problems with them and tbh they're perfect. hope it goes well sweetie, sounds like you've got everything covered :) x

I'm getting Lexie's pierced. But I don't know what age.

I had mine done when I was 4yrs old.

I hope she got through it ok. It's only for a split second so I'm sure she would have been fine. :)

Oh geez,I'm a nervous wreck over her getting her needles, let alone getting her ears pierced.

I'm not getting Renah's done. I got mine done in kindergarden and if she wants to get hers done then, I'll let her. If I was into babies getting them done, I'd wait for a year though. I think over here they don't even do them until 6 months anyway

I got mine done when i was 6 months and dont remember it thank god , but yes its cute but still id worry about her eating them or pulling on them

I have to say...for someone who didnt want opinions, u sure got a few hun. :hugs:
I hope she got through it ok...Any update? :) x

Sorry hun hope I didnt get you upset with my opinion :) I find it very cute to see lil girls with there earrings :) hope she gets through it ok :) give us some news and maybe a pic :)

I am probably the minority here, but I remember as a 6 year old getting my ears pierced, it was traumatizing! I didn't want Erica to have to remember that, so myself along with my DH made the decision to get her ears pierced. I had my sister hold her, facing me so I could be right there to comfort her. She cried for about 15 seconds until I picked her up and let her jump on the chair. Then she was smiling and laughing. She got them done at 6 months. We clean them every night as part of her bedtime routine, and I check them multiple times a day to make sure they are on securely. Her doctor has checked them out for us at her well baby appointment, and they are perfectly fine. With my family, I can almost be certain that Erica will be a girly girl who would want it done anyway, so I saved her the trauma. And if she doesn't want them later, she can take them out. I hope that everything went well, and just make sure to clean and turn them often. And dont worry, she will be just fine. Oh and in the beginning you clean them 2-3 times a day, not just once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->