getting on with life after stitches

I don't know how many stitches I even have! its a great mystery.... I was transferred care at the end of my labor, the OB sliced and suctioned baby out then was gone and I never saw her again. I asked the midwives what the scene was down there and they didn't know! :haha::haha: im certainly not going to take a look anytime soon either...it feels like a lot tho.

I would be pissed if this happened to me! I would've made it more complicated and told the nurses to go call up the OB and ask what the damage was.. I know it won't help you heal any faster but it's still good to know what when on down there! That way if you have any more kids you can tell your doctor how your last labor went. I was so curious I asked my doctor! I delivered the after birth and he said he just needed to stitch me up and I'd be done.. so I asked how bad I tore. He said not bad you just need two external stiches! (I got really lucky I'm so tiny and I had a pretty big baby lol)

My friend had a 7lb baby and she had 6 internal and 6 external stitches.. she went back to work 2 weeks later!! Crazy girl I don't know how the hell she did that. But hang in there! The day that you won't have to use a water bottle to pee will come soon enough I swear :flower:

When using the peri bottle I squirted some witch hazel in with the water, I think it helped with healing, and made me feel more comfortable.

Hi.my LO is nearly 7 months and things r still not normal down there.i have been referred to a gynacologist so if you feel things arnt right please see your doctor.i wish i hadn't left it so long.

I had a second degree tear, and the tear healed after probably 4 weeks (took so long bc my stitches split), but things still felt weird until 2 or 3 months pp. The doctor said the vaginal walls take a while to firm up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->