Getting petrol and LO?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Hi all,

probably a really silly qu :blush: but when you get petrol with your babies do you leave them in the car or take them in with you? james normally goes out and gets mine or i'm with someone so haven't worried about it, but the other day i had to get petrol with just me and maddi and i locked her in and just run in to pay, but tbh i felt terrible leaving her even though i could see the car the whole time and she was asleep.

i feel like a bad mum for locking her in whilst i'm paying :blush:

I wondered about this too but I always lock Sam in the car, and just keep an eye on the car while I'm in the shop paying. I feel bad about it too, but he's always still smiling when I come back! x

oh i'm so glad its not just me that does it lynn :) i no maddi normally sleeps through the whole thing, still i worry :blush: x

I lock Brooke in the car, imaine dragging them in and out youd be in the petrol station forever.

exactly my thoughts pp! and maddi isn't getting lighter in her infant car seat!

As long as the car is locked they arent going to come to any harm strapped in their carseat.

She's strapped in her carseat and I lock the doors. It's still an uneasy feeling and I'm constantly looking at the car ( come to think of it the guy at the station could have easily ripped me off a few times :lol:).

I lock Jasmine in the car with her music on and our car has remote start, so I start the car so it stays warm.

Wow really? I wouldn't leave her in the car on her own :blush:

Wow really? I wouldn't leave her in the car on her own :blush:

I try and get my gas as quick as possible, and I would feel bad making people wait while I dick around with the carseat. Plus... it is effin heavy! I only have to get gas with her a couple times a month though.

meh.. Jasmine is good in the car and being locked in with the car on is safe for the 2 mins it takes me to pay.

I always locked them in the car and ran in to pay, as long as their wasn't a big queue and I could see the car from inside the garage... until one day my neighbour arrived home in her, got out, got her lil one out... I opened my front door to talk to her before she went inside, and the next thing we knew her car was on fire! No one could explain why, it had just had an mot so had no fuel leaks or anything.. it scared the hell out of me thinking that could happen at any time, especially in a petrol station!

Aside from those freak things like Ju Bubbs said what could possibly happen locked in the car and strapped in the seat. IMO its no different from leaving them strapped in a chair whilst you go off to pee at home.

:lol: Yeah didn't want to scare anyone.. obviously that isn't an everyday occurance!! I just cant get that out of my mind since I was stood there and saw it! I dont think theres anything 'wrong' with leaving LOs in the car for a second.

thanks for your input ladies, it worries me so much, but these things have to been done, and maddi is such a good girl i don't mind if she's locked and strapped in her seat, though i feel awful leaving her :blush: x

i havent done it yet but ill do the same as you other girls

I always leave the kids in the car when i go and pay for my petrol as long as i can see the car i dont see a problem with it xx

I think I'd leave him in there. I'd probably take him in once or something and then decide to never ever bother again! But I won't drive OH's car so there is no reason for me to get petrol for it!

This reminds me a bit of when I was in hospital after having Alasdair and all the other Mum's would leave their babies in their bassinets while they went to have a shower/wee. I kept taking Alasdair with me til I got moved to a private (2 bed) room and we have an ensuite but in retrospect, it would have been easier just to leave him on the ward!

ive always left jack, as long as i can see the car. I havent had any problems! x

I always lock them in the car strapped in, or i go to the ones where u can pay at the pumps

thats an excellent point at paying at pumps, we have one of them at our asda :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->