Getting petrol and LO?

If I'm at a petrol station where you have to do your own petrol and then go in to pay I just leave him locked in the car.

But my dad is always telling me not to get petrol with him in the car (attended or self service) because of the fumes. He also told me not to do self service petrol when I was pregnant.

For me it depends. We live in a really small town and so if I'm getting gas here then I leave him in our truck. We have remote entry so I can leave the air/heat on and just take the remote. However, if I am going to the city and get gas there, I ALWAYS take him with me. I would NEVER leave him in the car. I dont know about alot of other places, but I've always heard that every 40-60 seconds a child is America is reported missing or abducted. :shock: :(

i always think this. i think if i only had faith with me id pull forward and park in the forecourt after id put petrol in then take her in with me (oh usually does this anyway so other ppl can use the pump) once the twins are here though i have no idea what i would do (im still having lessons atm)

I am sooo glad to see this thread. I was thinking exactly this the other day. I leave Fin in and run in. As long as doors are locked and he's in eye shot and it's quiet I have no problem. so glad other people feel the same. i felt a bit neglectful so i'm glad i'm not. xx

All of our Gas Stations are pay at the pump, so I usually do that. But If I have to go in to pay with cash then I wait till theres no line up and lock the doors and quickly run in and run out... takes all of about 30 seconds.

I tend to do pay @ pump but if its out of order I'll quickly run in and pay & keep my eyes on the car (locked).

I go to tesco and pay at pump, round here I would NEVER leave her in the car- far to dangerous in this area

I go to tesco and pay at pump, round here I would NEVER leave her in the car- far to dangerous in this area

eeeee.... where i live only thing i need to be worried about is a sheep with a grudge....

I don't think I could but if I drove it might be different. At this age I would take her in with me or pay at pump.
It's not a problem for us at the min as I always stay in the car with Bethanie when Sonny pays.

I use the pay at pump thing or dont bother and hope I make it home I cant leave him in the car you hear so many stories x

I know in Australia its illegal to leave a child unattented for ANY amount of time, so I wouldn't do it... also... I'm a "WHAT IF" freak :blush:

ALSO, recently in Australia a woman had her car stolen, with her 11 week old baby inside, when she was paying for something like a computer repair at a shop that had a drive way, she was literally like 5 meters from her car, she didn't even go inside the shop and while she paid, and obviously she looked away for a moment and someone jumped in and drove away!

That incident is enough for me to never do it...

... I just get my OH to fill up petrol and I never drive anyway.

I know in Australia its illegal to leave a child unattented for ANY amount of time, so I wouldn't do it... also... I'm a "WHAT IF" freak :blush:
ALSO, recently in Australia a woman had her car stolen, with her 11 week old baby inside, when she was paying for something like a computer repair at a shop that had a drive way, she was literally like 5 meters from her car, she didn't even go inside the shop and while she paid, and obviously she looked away for a moment and someone jumped in and drove away!

That incident is enough for me to never do it...

You know whats funny, when i heard this story i was thinking " WHAT AN IDIOT" to leave her baby in the car:dohh: (it was on the news non stop here)!! yet when i was reading this thread-i didnt see a problem at all with u guys locking the baby in the car while running in to pay.... I would have done the same... so now i have to rethink it all again:rofl:

I usually tend to go with my OH or someone else to get petrol, or else I go to ones where you pay at the pump x

i only ever use tesco for fuel cause they have the pay at the pump!!!!

i only ever pay at the pump. I'd hate to leave him in the car. I dont know why, i suppose incase the locks break or something.
THat said, I do leave him in the car while I am parked outside my front door and I dash in to grab to pram etc from the living room (the front door opens onto the living room) so I suppose its just the same.

i dont drive but we have pay @ pump ones at asda and tescos and another asda dos drive through pay x x

I normally pay@pump but the other day I went to one without. When I finished filling up I pulled up to the little window they use at night and just paid there. I got some looks but when I pointed to the baby in the car they all nodded as if they all understood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->