Getting pregnant soon after stopping the pill?

heyyydayyy

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I have been suspicious of me being pregnant for the last week or so...since then I have stopped taking my birth control with 3 active pills left, and still no withdrawal bleed. Anywho, besides that, we've been having unprotected sex since the the last 3 days of the active pills that I DID NOT take. Have any of you ladies gotten pregnant soon after stopping the pill? I'm hoping my odds are slightly higher since I didn't finish my pack...So even if it was all in my head the first time I thought I might be preggers, is there a pretty good chance that I could conceive since I've stopped the pill?

Hey sweetie, there are people who have gotten pregnant on the pill so I think that it is possible my sister stopped taking her pills and a couple days later she found out she was pregnant, goodluck :)

Well of course not a couple days later but the month after she did

Thanks that makes me feel better. My and my OH have been BDing I just hope it works! Just giving my withdrawal bleed about 2 more days to show up before I rule out that it's not coming..I want that :bfp:!!

I hope you get it :) if you start cramping or anything after your period i would talk to your doctor tho just incase :) women can have their period and be pregnant and can experience bleeding throughout months of their pregnancy. my mother in law tells me that all the time lol she bled for 4 months of her pregnancy not knowing she was pregnant!

My boyfriend and I have been suspicious of me being pregnant for the last week or so...since then I have stopped taking my birth control with 3 active pills left, and still no withdrawal bleed. Anywho, besides that, we've been having unprotected sex since the the last 3 days of the active pills that I DID NOT take. Have any of you ladies gotten pregnant soon after stopping the pill? I'm hoping my odds are slightly higher since I didn't finish my pack...So even if it was all in my head the first time I thought I might be preggers, is there a pretty good chance that I could conceive since I've stopped the pill?

I conceived my first child while using double birth control, the sponge and condoms. My second was conceived on the pill.

Hello... I recently have had my implannon removed a week ago..after having it for 2 1/2 years... I am now ttc but I do not know when I am ovulating because I have yet to have a period. I know it takes a while for it to be completey out of my system but prior to the implanon I never had a period because I breastfed for 18months then had it implanted. So my question is, am I fertile? Can I still ovulate without a period should I see my dr?

Hello... I recently have had my implannon removed a week ago..after having it for 2 1/2 years... I am now ttc but I do not know when I am ovulating because I have yet to have a period. I know it takes a while for it to be completey out of my system but prior to the implanon I never had a period because I breastfed for 18months then had it implanted. So my question is, am I fertile? Can I still ovulate without a period should I see my dr?

You should be fertile, yes you can ovulate without a period, and if you are concerned about it, yes you should see your doctor. They could probably take a blood test to check your hormone levels to see if the implanon is out of your system. :shrug:

Hey sweetie, I was on implanon for a year and a half also and it takes awhile for you cycle to get back on track I don't think you can ovulate without your AF but I'm not 100% sure. I have been off implanon for 4 months and I thought this month I had it and i would be prego but according to the doctors I'm still get side effects from being off the birth control. :(

Can I ovulate without having a period?
Since a woman releases an egg 12-16 days before her expected period, it is possible for women to get pregnant without having periods. Women who are not menstruating due to a certain condition (i.e.…low body weight, breastfeeding, perimenopause) risk the chance of ovulating at any point. For those who want to conceive, the lack of periods could make it more difficult to know the timing of ovulation if you are not charting temperature and cervical fluid changes. But if you are not having periods and wanting to prevent pregnancy, a form of contraception should be used since there is no way to know when ovulation will occur.

https://americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm

I don't want to dampen your high spirits but it may take a while for the withdrawal bleed to show up. With my pill it took over a week to show though it seemed to take others a couple of days.

Best of luck though! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->