Getting Pregnant while breastfeeding??

Tiger22

Reaction score
Is it hard? My LO is 13 months and I'm currently nursing her 2-3 times a day still but we really want to get pregnant! I have gotten 4 regular periods also. A nurse told me that it can be hard if you are breastfeeding bc you are not fully ovulating? Is this true? Should I try to wean? We aren't ready to wean yet but my husband and I are really hoping to get pregnant soon...I'm not sure what to do! :/

Do you temp or OPK? I have had 4 AFs and I am in the TWW now and am thinking we may have done it this cycle at 14.5 months, and we breastfeed a lot still. I say as long as you are having AF with regularity, you are most likely ovulating. I would suggest using OPKs or better yet temping to make sure and figure out your luteal phase length. A short luteal phase is a common cause of not getting pregnant while breastfeeding. It usually gets better on its own with time, but there are some things you can do like take B6 if you determine that is your problem. Good luck!

I was ovulating at my 6 week check.

I fell pregnant when I was still breastfeeding my 10 month old. We weren't actively trying, just letting nature take its course so for us it was very straight forward.

It depends on the person - some women can't conceive at all until they stop BF, but others have no problem. I conceived #2 and #3 while BF - my son was 14mo at the time and my daughter was 20mo. I had quite a few wonky cycles after my first though before things settled down .

I conceived DS2 while nursing DS1 at 15 months. He was still nursing 4-5 times a day as well as at night. I had gotten my period back at 3 months pp but they were never really regular. I ovulated about a week after I got my period and was pretty surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->