getting really frustrated.

youngmommy26

Mom of 1 TTC#2
Reaction score
ok so where to start. Me and my DH have been together for 8 years now, we have a 6 year old boy who is low functioning autistic. It took us a little over a year to concieve him. Well after I had my son Layne, I was on the Mirena IUD birth control, I was on it for the whole 5 years. Well I have been off of birth control for 2 years now, we haven't been preventing pregnancy, we have a lot of sex, and we want baby #2. I have been using OPK's and tracking my ovulation this whole time and still not having any luck after 2 years. I don't know what is going on, I know we can have kids, because we had my son. I am 27, there is nothing wrong with me, I mean i'm a bit over weight, but am dieting and losing weight. DH is 37. Is a second baby just not in our future? it's really making me sad when I think about it. I'm going to try again next month, I'm going to be getting OPK's, a basal thermometer, and a menstrual cup and hope for the best. I don't know what else there is to do. I also bought one of those microscope things that you can look at sperm under, and everything seemed normal according to the test booklet I read. I just really don't understand this!

Good for you! All those things are exactly what we did after years of ttc and I attribute them all to our success. Had I charted before I would have seen some issues in my ovulation and luteal phase that we could have fixed long ago. The book taking charge of your fertility goes in length about these things. If there is a problem you may be able to tell by charting and get help if needed. Good luck!

Good for you! All those things are exactly what we did after years of ttc and I attribute them all to our success. Had I charted before I would have seen some issues in my ovulation and luteal phase that we could have fixed long ago. The book taking charge of your fertility goes in length about these things. If there is a problem you may be able to tell by charting and get help if needed. Good luck!

thanks so much! I will have to check that book out. I am just out of ideas here. I know my period is always a little off each month, from 26 days to 33 day cycles. My ovulation day is always different as well. I'm not sure how good my luteal phase is, if I am having problems with it or not. seems like the book would be a good start.

thanks so much! I will have to check that book out. I am just out of ideas here. I know my period is always a little off each month, from 26 days to 33 day cycles. My ovulation day is always different as well. I'm not sure how good my luteal phase is, if I am having problems with it or not. seems like the book would be a good start.

It really is a wonderful source of information. I had irregular cycles and figured out that even tho I was getting a period I wasn't always ovulating. I also figured out when I did ovulate my luteal phase was 8-9 days:growlmad: Anyways I read up on some great supplements that cured both issues. That honestly wasn't the end of my fertility issues as it turned out one of my tubes was blocked but that's another thread lol. If you find your ovulating and still not getting pregnant a blue dye check of your tubes is worthwhile imo and very fixable!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->