Getting rid of dark scars after laproscopic surgery?

LittleBunnie

Trying for #1
Reaction score
I have these battle scars and I really don't like them. I tried googling but couldn't find anything to help other than rubbing a bit of Vitamin E on it. :wacko: I tried it for a month but I never noticed a difference.

I was just wondering if anyone has any remedies to helping with lightening them up?

https://i57.tinypic.com/2meemxk.jpg

I have two on the right, and one on the left. I am really open-minded when it comes to trying new things, so I'd love to hear some 'remedies'.

I had my gallbladder out just over a year ago and they're lighter now than then but still really dark. Nothing has worked for me sadly. I apply moisturising cream daily but I don't think it helps. I haven't tried bio oil I hear that's good (but it's probably crap like everything else that claims is good for scars).

I've tried Vitamin E, Lemon juice (I know :haha:), and some Dark Spot Corrector that came free with my proactive purchase. It's been a year now and nada, zip, zilch!

I just want them to be a little lighter, I'll be honest I have body issues (stemming from childhood) so I am not happy that they healed like that. My poor husband. :blush: He tries to tell me over and over he loves my entire body, flaws and all but it's not enough for me mentally. :wacko:

I think you just need to give them more time. My lap scars are all but gone now. Not sure how long it took, but I am now 4 years post surgery. That said, I never worried about them as they are so tiny, and were part of my ttc journey.

I had dark scars for ages but now they are completely faded 4 years later. It's just the white lines of the actual scar and you can't notice it unless you really look. Think it just takes time and more time unfortunately. Even those dark lines are probably much more noticeable to you than anyone else though. X

Bio Oil is good for helping fade scars. I've not used it, but a friend of mine got really good results with it x

Can I get this Bio Oil on Amazon?

Also, I had no idea they took awhile to fade. :blush: I've never had any scars like this before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I seriously thought " Oh okay, like maybe a month or two and they will be gone/faded to my skin color.." :wacko: Boy, was I wrong!

Can I get this Bio Oil on Amazon?

Also, I had no idea they took awhile to fade. :blush: I've never had any scars like this before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I seriously thought " Oh okay, like maybe a month or two and they will be gone/faded to my skin color.." :wacko: Boy, was I wrong!

When did you get it done?

Mine took about two years to disappear. Honestly I can't really see them now except tiny white dots. My belly button has never been the same shape since though :dohh:

My c-section scar is 22 months old and still a tiny bit darker but almost faded now, so that's probably a guide on how long it takes.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->