Getting thrush after taking antibiotics

Every Rose

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else and what's the best way to treat it?

I've just had antibiotics for an ear infection but now I have thrush and I've realised that this happened the last time I needed antibiotics as well.

What's the best treatment? I've had the external cream from the doctor before and the internal one with the little inserter tube but for that one you have to wait for bedtime to use it (so you are lying down and it has a chance to stay inside you).

I need something now. Would anyone recommend canesten from the chemist, or the canesten combi? And how much does it cost, is it cheaper than a prescription?

It is common to get thrush following a course of antibiotics. Canesten combi is the pessary and a tube of cream - the pessary treats the thrush internally and the cream is applied on the outside. It is cheaper to buy it over the counter than on a prescription. ( You would pay a double charge for it if you got it on prescription).

I have only had this happen once. Since then, I've been very careful to eat lots of probiotic-rich yogurt when I need antibiotics. That seems to have solved the problem for me. Might be something to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->