Getting to hospital with no car in labour? Help?

I would call an ambulance (I've known them to come out for someone who twisted her ankle and was just slightly limping) I don't know much about how it works in Scotland but if an ambulance is all you can do then I would go for that option x

You wouldn't get charged but some areas only have 1 or 2 ambulances per hospital so you could be taking one away from someone in a life or death situation. I'd get a taxi.

You wouldn't get charged but some areas only have 1 or 2 ambulances per hospital so you could be taking one away from someone in a life or death situation. I'd get a taxi.
Yeah that's what I'll be going for but like my post said where I live and the time of year, its unlikely I'll get one. I haven't said I want an ambulance at any point in my post. Which was where the concern comes from.

Yeah that's what I'll be going for but like my post said where I live and the time of year, its unlikely I'll get one. I haven't said I want an ambulance at any point in my post. Which was where the concern comes from.

I just wouldn't mention labour when you phone the taxi company lol

I'm in Scotland and when I was in labour with my son my dad came to get us as I'm a 30 minute drive from the hospital, I couldn't rely on public transport even if the busses & taxis were running as my waters were going. The midwife told me that if no one could take us, they'd send an ambulance. They prefer not to, especially as we're a very small place so have few ambulances but it was an option if no one could take us in :flower:

Could you stay with someone who lives near the hospital? Or stay in a b&b...although that would probably end up being expensive.

If its during the day I would get a taxi. If you explain to the hospital that you live really far away they probably wont send you back. If they dont have a patient transport service and you end up in labour overnight then you should call an ambulance. I have worked in A&E and people call ambulances for the stupidest reasons...an 18 year old called one because she had a headache and was feeling sick after a night of heavy drinking :dohh: everyone was furious but they still brought her in. A woman in labour with no other way to the hospital is a valid reason imo.

Usually first labours go on for a few hours anyway so you will probably have the chance to get there by taxi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->