GIANT baby boy!

GL hon. I was told my baby was big, but he was only 7 lbs., 13 oz! Hope your section goes well. Better imo to have a planned section, than an emergency one. Do you have everything ready for it?

Let me know if you have any questions...have had two sections in the past year and three months.xx

I think I'm ready? It feels so crazy since I didn't expect a planned c-section but I am definitely glad I've had time to adjust to the idea. How hard was the recovery for you? Should I plan on being really out of commission for a long while? Thanks!

I'd plan on having help for a week or so. I have a one year old too, so since he's your first, you should be okay lifting him, etc. Recovery was difficult hon, but it can be difficult from a vaginal birth too. The nurses let me put ice on my incision, which helped a bit. They should keep your pain under control though. Dh did a lot the first couple of weeks.

The first two days were the worst. The first --tmi-- poo can be painful, so take stool softeners if you can. You might get lots of gas afterwards. Simethicone (Gas Ex) was my best friend!

I was up and walking a few hours (I think 12) after the surgery. I went home 48 hours after the surgery. It's painful...definitely not a walk in the park, but it didn't stop me from doing it twice. I'd do it again if I were younger!

I'd bring some crackers with, and some apple juice (if you like it) b/c they don't want you eating heavy foods right afterwards, but I was STARVING, ha ha, so that helped.

Bring a few pillows. It helped to walk while holding a pillow on my belly.

The spinal wasn't that bad b/c they numb the area first. It feels weird when they're doing the actual surgery, but you really don't feel anything except for pulling. I did have nausea during the section, which is normal.

Honestly, it was SO worth it. The love I feel for my babies---that was just a blip of pain, lol. It's life changing, and words can't describe how much I love them.

Wow you get to meet your lo so soon! My friend had her baby girl last week. She was told based on u/s to expect a 10 lb baby but she was a petite 7 lbs 8oz! Huge shocker as she was carrying so big.

WOW, if the ultrasound is accurate then that is a big baby. My son was 8 lbs 3 oz and I could not imagine what it would of been like if he were any bigger. I had a c-section due to my pelvis being too small for vaginal delivery but it was hell carrying him around all those months when he was such a chunker. I can only imagine how you feel with an 11 lbs baby. :crazy:

Aww good luck hun, iv got my next midwife appointment Tuesday afternoon and up till now the baby as been measuring big so theyv said if hes still looking on large side they'r going to book me in for a scan to estimate his size and keep more of an eye on me!! :wacko:

Hope all went well!!
My boys been ahead in weight, 7.5 pounds already and doctor says lungs are fully developed, I'm hoping to go natural early because if I reach past 38 weeks I reckon ill go for a planned c sect!

My big boy weighed in at :drumroll: 10lbs 11oz! Definitely a big baby and I feel good about the decision to do an elective C-Section. So in love! :cloud9:

My big boy weighed in at :drumroll: 10lbs 11oz! Definitely a big baby and I feel good about the decision to do an elective C-Section. So in love! :cloud9:

Awww congratulations - big babies are the best! :thumbup: Enjoy!!!!! :kiss:

Aww, congratulations- good choice on the c section!! Lol much safer for your little big baby lol xxxx

Congratulations!!! And also very glad you went with the c section. Good to know that ultrasounds can be accurate predictors of size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->