Gift ideas for baby's day care teachers, please!

AndiTTC

Reaction score
I know that it's only the beginning of November, but I'm trying to plan out the holiday gifts that I'm going to buy for everyone this year. My son is in day care five days a week, so he spends a lot of time with his day care teachers. I'd like to give gifts to two of the teachers, but I have no idea what is the norm (types of gifts, price range, etc.). If my son had a nanny, I'd probably give money as a holiday bonus. Since that is not the case, however, I don't know what to do. If any of you send your LOs to day care, do you give their teachers gifts? If so, do you have any suggestions?

As a previous daycare worker I'd suguest Dunkin gift cards, chocolates, candles, etc. I'd say $15-20 would be more than enough. it's the thought that counts!!

We do personal cards for all the teachers individually and then I give a basket of treats to them as a group to put in the staff kitchen to share. I usually add in some coffee, tea, cookies or cake, chocolates, some fresh fruit like clementines that will last sitting out for a bit. It's a montessori style preschool so she has like 7 teachers who work with all of the children across all ages, so it's a lot of people to buy individual gifts for. If it was only 1 or 2, I might get something more individual, like a gift card (maybe to Starbucks or Amazon) or something more personal if you feel you know them well enough.

Thanks, @MindUtopia! My son has two primary teachers, and a couple back-up ones. I was thinking of giving gifts (maybe gift cards) to his primary teachers. I was thinking about a gift basket with cookies, hot chocolate, etc., for all of the other staff and instructors to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->