Gift ideas for grown ups

R_x

Reaction score
Help I need ideas for mums, dads, brothers, sisters, grandparents etc.

What are you getting yours?

X

Well my nan is 80 on the 10th of October and so far I have a nice candle, a set of fluffy soaks, foot cream and foot soak and I'm also going to get her a willow Tree figurine. She is so hard to buy for though!!

I'm planning on doing a lot of home made gifts this year. Mainly because I am just really into making things and it's an excuse to make more :haha:

So far I have got the stuff to make:

- Bath bombs
- Candles
- Soap

And I am planning to do some homemade treats too. Chocolate, biscuits and cakes closer to Christmas.

I'll be planning some gifts I have bought too but I haven't thought of what they will be yet :haha:

I'm getting my kids to design their own mugs as their personal gift to relatives (probably end up a mess but going to try).

Mum and Sister get the same thing perfume, pjs, slippers and I'm also have photos done of the girls and out on a canvas. My dad I haven't a clue

OH wants a retro game console and some new vans.

Grandparents I'll do a small hamper.

In laws getting gift vouchers.

My mum and eldest sister has bath bombs, fizzes and soap.
Sisters have a wax melter and some melts.
Grandad is having a keyring with handprints of both DDs.
OH's grandma and nanna have bubbke bath and flameless candles and tealight holder.

I like to buy tickets for my close family. I'm not sure which ones yet but I have previously got tickets for plays, musicals, comedy shows and concerts.

My mum usually ends up with something yankee or Radley... she's not really hinted yet though.
Stepdad will be getting something like a fitbit... but he wants one with a heart rate monitor so I'll have to get searching!

I am totally stuck this year. We have low budgets due to getting married next year. But want to get something little atleast. My dad has always said "as long as the kids get, don't worry about anyone else" which in my opinion he is talking sense. But we will probably get my dad and FIL a tshirt and a lynx set. My mum and his mum have had candles the last 2 years, so wanna get something a bit different, not sure yet. I'll be stalking this thread for ideas x

My nan is getting a tea cup and saucers bird feeder and an incense stick holder both made by kids. OHS mum is getting a jewellery box that the kids will make and decorated and maybe a pair of earrings or a necklace. My mum. Has asked for oversized mugs, and a personalised phone case. Will also do them personalised key chains made by the kids. OHS dad will get a case of beer, we buy him the same thing every year because we never know what to get him. My brother is getting the Brothers and sisters box set collection and a cross stitched book cover. His gf is getting a spa in a jar. OHS sister and her boyfriend are getting, a bottle of some sort of alcohol with Ferrero roche stuck to the outside to make it look like a pineapple.
OH is getting a new bike at some point this month so that's his joint Christmas and birthday present, I will probably buy him something small or let the kids pick something out.
Most of our adult gifts are cheap ones or diys, partly because we never know what to get anyone, and because we are getting married next year so trying to keep the cost of Christmas down so we can pay for that.

I got my SIL a Game of Thrones adult colouring book and pencil crayons. I'm going to get my MIL some inserts for her necklace I got her last year. I got DH's aunt and uncle a basket with things for their home in it, like a scented plug in, plush blanket, coffee and muds, etc. That's all I have so far. lol adults are sooo hard.

I'm going to be doing hampers this year for aunt/uncles as last year didn't have a clue and ended just buying bits for the sake of it. Sister will probably get a meal voucher of groupon and then make up some bath time baskets for other relatives

For christmas if I'm ever stuck with relatives I like to just put together random little gifts, like a hamper or just in a nice gift bag. I did it for my Mum and sister last year because I was so stuck on what to get - I just include random things they like such as, warm socks, nice bubble baths, perfume, make up, nail polish, I put a bottle of their favourite alocholic drink in too. I also did my Grandparents a hamper the year before too, I just put in nice biscuits, nice jams etc.. which they really enjoyed!
I don't know what to get my brothers this year so I may do something similar to what I did for my Mum and sister and put together a bag of 'useful' items :lol: and things they like, like their favourite aftershaves and stuff.
This year I'll probably get my Mum a pandora charm as she has a Pandora bracelet now. Not sure on any other adults yet.
I'm also hoping the photos my LO's are having done soon will turn out good enough to frame and give as little gifts for grandparents, parents, aunts etc off the kids.

I think Groupon vouchers or meal vouchers are nice, especially to give to a couple. I may do something like that for my sister and her fiance.

One sister I plan on getting various Harry Potter stuffs. Her boyfriend I have no idea, lol, something (maybe a nice bottle of liquor?) and then a restaurant gift card for them both.

My other sister and her husband a restaurant gift card. No idea what else to get her maybe a pampering gift basket of some sort? Her husband again some liquor.

My mom collects Willow Tree figures so maybe one of those and I have no idea what else yet but something else. My dad I'm thinking tickets to something or other.

MIL probably just some chocolate or wine, we're not terribly close to her and have had a bit of a falling out, really just in contact for the kids at this point. Same goes for her husband.

FIL is always the hardest for me, he tends to get everything he wants for himself and doesn't need for much so as of now I genuinely have no clue, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->