Gifts for adults

hopeandpray

Reaction score
Has anyone started planning for their partner, friends or family yet? My brother, sister and boyfriend's birthday are all within a month of Christmas so it's difficult to come up with enough ideas!

I find it easy to buy for the women but much harder for men! Here's my ideas so far:

My mum - I'm getting her a toilet bag (coz she needs one and has asked for it) but instead of putting toiletries in it, I'm gonna put wee bits and pieces that I know she will like. So far, I have a slim bottle of whiskey, a really nice chocolate bar, a candle, and a voucher for a massage.

Thinking of doing something similar for my oh's mum but probably in a box rather than a toilet bag and the contents will be different. Hers will probably have a restaurant gift voucher, some makeup, a bit of costume jewellery and maybe some sweets.

I did the hamper type gifts a few years back and they went down really well, each one was different and I had wrapped each thing individually.

For my oh we aren't getting each other much because it is the first year with a baby and we are still on mat leave, we only normally spend about £50 on each other anyway so I have picked him up new lounge jammies and I am gonna get him an Xbox game I think. Il go slightly over budget but I think he will as I really need quite a few pairs of jammies and new underwear since I haven't bought any since being pregnant and I needed new ones before I found out, haha!

Stumped on my dad and my oh's dad. Might get my dad his car valeted, I got that or his birthday and he loved not having to do it himself. Will probably get oh's dad clothes of some sort as that's usually what he wants.

I'm also getting calendars made up of the baby - plus I might get one of the pics blown up to a canvas for my parents for their birthdays.

For oh's sister and gran (maybe his parents too?) we were going to get pics of oh's nieces done and get a pic made of them, and then one of all the cousins together for his gran.

I always spend a long time planning presents and I love going presents so this will all probably change but those are my ideas!

My mum and mother in law I've made floating/living lockets with their grandchildren a birthstones in.
For my sister in law, and two nieces 16 and 23, I've made the lockets as keyrings with all fun things in them plus a little Christmas tree.
For my grandad and mums husband I'm going to make some sort of food gift.
The boys judo and karate instructors I'm making 'Ninja bread men' ginger bread men in martial art poses lol
Brother in law and nephew (20) will be a DVD, drink and snacks hamper.

I've no idea about brother in law, sister in law, 1 niece, or nephews birthdays all before Christmas. Hubby's birthday and our anniversary in December. But I am giving my mum some more charms for her pocket for her birthday which is December 28th

I've not really thought yet
My mam usually says what she wants
everyone else will get alcohol/sweets or smellies.
very boring but i have too much on this year to put too much thought into it.

My mum - Lipsy purse & make-up
MIL - unsure
My dad & FIL - Grooming kit
SIL + partner - 'bling' mug, (unsure for partner) & personalised coasters. SIL bday on 24th Dec.
My grandad - coffee/tea hamper. Birthday on 17th Dec too so something for his
OH's Grandmas - beauty hamper
OH - asked for a DXRacer gaming chair so that's his bday (19th Dec) present too + aftershave & confectionary.

I have 24 Gü cheesecake jars which I'm going to make candles in for all the females too.

I'm going to be stalking this thread for some ideas for the adults in our families this year. We have quite a few to buy for and I have no ideas what to get most of them yet :haha: They're the hardest we have to buy for!

I have to buy for -
OH - so far I have a tshirt and an apron, also have to do a stocking for him. I'm thinking I'll get a book, some chocolate coins, cream soda for the stocking. No clue what bigger bits to get though.

Sister- all I have so far is some fancy poptarts! Might do a hamper for her.

Brother - I've ordered a star wars myster box from geekbox.

Mum - I have to do a stocking for her too. She has everything and really expensive taste so she'll be a challenge!

Adult presents are the hardest I haven't even thought yet!!

I'm finding adult gifts much easier than Lucas's this year! So far I've got, either bought or planned..
Big sis: Naked On The Run set, Swarovski earrings
Little sis: Pearl earrings, Soap and Glory lipgloss
Mum: Imperial candle
OH: Jumper, Instax camera

Dh says he wants Leathers for the bike, ugh i really hate clothes shopping for him its horrible lol

Ooh I love imperial candles and for some reason it hadn't occurred to me to gift one! So glad for that idea!

So far all I have is a Yankee candle Christmas set as an adult present.
DH maybe a watch and sone Calvin Klein boxers?
Sister a lush gift box.
No other ideas yet!

OH so far I've got 4 books, super Mario chess set and a game of thrones mug. Will also be getting a Zelda game, smellies, socks, chocs and Christmas pj's (for christmas eve though)

Everyone else will be getting smellies, chocolate or vouchers lol

We're getting the basic Kindle Fire for MIL.
Probably whisky for FIL.
Gran likes image things, shouldnt be too hard...

Stuck for my aunt and uncle, but apart from my friends thats all we have to worry about.

I got my SIL married to DH's twin a veg cook book and all his other SIL/ sisters I'm doing a spa in a jar which will have a bath bomb and then miniatures for an at home facial in them.

No really gotten any further than that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->