Gimme YOUR favorite recipes!!

Parker_Podge

Reaction score
Hi ladies!! I do cook some, but not a lot of 'from scratch' items :blush:

I am trying to branch out on my cooking, but I don't like to make things that I'm not sure if they taste good:dohh:

I was wondering if you lovely ladies would help by giving me your favorite recipes!! It can be meat, veggies, dessert, whatever. However, I am in the US, so there are several things that I see on here that are eaten, but have never heard of (more than likely it's because it's not offered here...).

I just wanted to throw out some of my food dislikes too
Spinach, cooked onions, asparagus, artichoke, tofu, peppers

My dh likes several of these^ so I will be open to trying things with them in it.

Thank you in advance!! :flower:

I made these today and they were divine! I just used craisins instead and added cinnamon and cardamon cuz I always add more spices in recipes. Heathly Oatmeal Muffins

This is my FAV quiche recipe! I love the fact I don't have to bother with a crust - all it is is slices of potato! Mushroom Broccoli Quiche. Its also pretty easy to sub and add different veggies and meats in it too.

Super easy, super yummy! This is a great way to eat pasta if you've got an avocado laying around. Creamy Avocado Pasta If it turns out to be a bit runny, just add some melted cream cheese - works like a charm.

I got all these recipes off Food Gawker. Seriously my favorite place to get recipes! With the handy search option, I just put in whatever I'm hankering for and presto loads of pictures with recipes attached!

Do you like salmon?

If you do, mix equal parts soy sauce and honey (you don't need much, maybe a tablespoon of each?), add a little grated fresh ginger (~1 teaspoon), and brush it onto a couple pieces of salmon (skin removed, ~5-6 oz per person). You can add some black pepper too, if you want. Stick it on a foil lined cookie sheet in the broiler for 8-15 minutes, until it is cooked through.

I usually eat it with brown rice, and some veggies. Really good, and very quick/easy!

Katerdid, I just looked at that website, and I think I am addicted! Thanks for posting it!

A simple dish I love is pesto chicken.

1 tbsp olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
200g pack cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp pesto
3 tbsp crème fraîche (half fat is fine)
fresh basil , if you have it

Heat the oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick. Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of colour. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Season all over with a little salt and pepper.
Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften. Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and crème fraîche until it makes a sauce. Scatter with a few basil leaves if you have them, then serve with rice and salad or mash and broccoli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->