Girl names!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We just found out that we're expecting a baby girl!

Top of our list is Tabitha, but we would like a few other possible names in case she doesn't look like a Tabitha when she's born.

So I'd love some opinions on Tabitha and some other ideas. Her older brother is Micah (pronounces Mike-uh).

Ah congratulations- lovely! I think Tabitha is beautiful.

Other names I think would work well
Matilda/Tilly
Harriet
Eliza

I like Tabitha...!

When I hear 'Tabitha' other names that spring to my mind are:

Tamara
Talia
Tallulah

Probably because they are all Ts but they seem 'similar' to me!

Congratulations hun 😃 I think Tabitha is a lovely name, the other name I thought of was Matilda which someone has already suggested.

I love Tabitha, it was on my list for girl names although we now know we're having a boy.
The others that were were Matilda and Piper. :)

Congratulations! I love Tabitha. Some names which I think are of a similar style:
Martha
Ada
Alba
Audrey
Luna

I think Tabitha goes nicely with Micah. Other names that come to mind -

Agatha
Martha
Matilda
Sabrina
Tamsin
Harriet
Meredith
Esther
Delilah

Congrats... I love the name Tabitha. Here are few suggestion of name

Ruth,
Tara
Tulsi
Merlin
Sibi
Susan

Congrats on your baby girl! I remember you from when I had my little boy at the same time you had Micah.

Love Tabitha, but I REALLY love the previous suggestion of Martha! It was on my list for Edith, and I think Micah and Martha sounds like a fab sibset.

Thanks everyone,

I like Harriet and Alba from everyones suggestions but nothing seems to fit as well as Tabitha, especially as its a biblical name as is Micah. (Not that we're religious but they 'fit' together well as a result).

I can't find many biblical girls' names that I like. My mum is Rachel but we don't want to use a first name after a close relative. I'm not a big fan of Ruth or Mary or Suzanna. I like Hannah but I have several close friends named Hannah so that's out.

Biblical boys' names seem so much easier! I love Elias, Asa, Reuben, Jonah, Luke/Lucas...

Who knew girls were so difficult!

OH quite likes Heidi and Micah has latched on to it but I'm not sure. I do like it but I'm not completely sold.

Biblical girls names that I like:

Ada
Esther
Jemima
Judith
Lillith
Lydia
Martha
Miriam

Is Heidi a biblical name?

Other biblical names - Lydia, Martha, Sarah, Rebekah

Other names which I think could fit - Beatrix, Thea, Romilly, Hettie, Penelope

No Heidi isn't biblical, its German and really it's a nickname for Adelheid, I don't usually like nicknames for first names so that's putting me off a bit.. But I think it's pretty established as a name on its own now.

OH also suggested Cora last night which is quite pretty. He's much more involved with naming this time which is good as I'm apparently rubbish at finding girls' names!

Ooh Cora is lovely. Also love Dora and Orla in a similar vein

Ooh Cora is lovely. Also love Dora and Orla in a similar vein

Dora is really sweet. William goes to Nursery with a Dora 😊

I definitely don't think as Heidi as a nickname- I wasn't even aware it was derived from another name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->