Girlie 'bits' What do you call them?

I am also a user of vagina/vulva. I'm a fan of being as close to factual as you can, I don't get squeamish about body part names. Growing up it was always a 'vagina' (yes, I know the more correct term is vulva). I never heard front bum or minnie until this message board. Some of these euphemisms just make me go "Why?!". :lol: But it's not my business what someone else calls their genitals!

He he no, I think that's an American terminology? They are called a bum bag here.

That's what they are called here in the US. I don't think people really use fanny packs/bum bags anymore. They are out of style.

My boss's wife is called Fanny, short for Fannice. lol

Vulva. I don't really understand why some people want to use the correct term and yet use an incorrect one.
Must be just plain old ignorance I guess.

I have always understood the word as a general reference to the whole area. I don't feel the need to break down everything into individual parts for my toddler. "Okay, now let's wash your perineum, now your anus." :shrug:

Yeah I agree, I think there is plenty of time when they are older for the technically accurate term of vulva, vagina anus etc! We say pee pee because for now that is all that she is aware of what it does! On another note, those that use the term vulva- for nipples do you say areola etc or just breast/nipple? Just curious lol xxx

Vulva. I don't really understand why some people want to use the correct term and yet use an incorrect one.
Must be just plain old ignorance I guess.

I have always understood the word as a general reference to the whole area. I don't feel the need to break down everything into individual parts for my toddler. "Okay, now let's wash your perineum, now your anus." :shrug:

Yeah I agree, I think there is plenty of time when they are older for the technically accurate term of vulva, vagina anus etc! We say pee pee because for now that is all that she is aware of what it does! On another note, those that use the term vulva- for nipples do you say areola etc or just breast/nipple? Just curious lol xxx

I use breast and nipple. Areola hasn't really come up.

I have no idea what to call rio's penis.
I guess just penis. But I find myself sometimes saying something like 'lets wipe your tail' when changing his nappy.
Tail?? He is not an animal, I don't know where this came from lol x

I don't know about other parents but I guess I've always worried about them just repeating what you say, so they walk about yelling 'PENIS!!' or 'VAGINA!!' at the top of their lungs.

But I guess that's just what kids do and body parts are natural and it shouldn't be embarrasing when they say it in public...

I don't know about other parents but I guess I've always worried about them just repeating what you say, so they walk about yelling 'PENIS!!' or 'VAGINA!!' at the top of their lungs.

But I guess that's just what kids do and body parts are natural and it shouldn't be embarrasing when they say it in public...

This will happen no matter what. This morning my toddler somehow managed to go from saying "Daddy beeped the horn at a dog!" (something that happened yesterday) to yelling "DADDY A HORNDOG! DADDY A HORNDOG!" while I unsuccessfully tried not to dissolve into fits of laughter. NO idea where that came from.

Interesting thread.
I'm not sure what kinds of situations you need to be in to use the words for genitalia with your toddler. Not asking to attack/judge anyone, just curious! I don't remember my parents using any particular word for my 'bits/vagina/vulva' growing up, I don't think we ever talked about it. lol

This will happen no matter what. This morning my toddler somehow managed to go from saying "Daddy beeped the horn at a dog!" (something that happened yesterday) to yelling "DADDY A HORNDOG! DADDY A HORNDOG!" while I unsuccessfully tried not to dissolve into fits of laughter. NO idea where that came from.

Just have to say - this is awesome. Totally 'kids say the darnedest things!!':haha:

Just bottom right now. Will expand into 'front bum' and bottom for the back when she's older. She'll know real names but doubt we'll use them in everyday conversation (I.e wiping / washing) just if something comes up that's sore/problem area etc.

We will probably do this but using the term 'girlie bits' with her having the knowledge of their correct names if she wants to use them. We use penis and scrotum for our son's bits so can't see any reason to treat her differently.

And yes we use the terms nipple and breast as distinct. We haven't really had the reason to go further to areola, but definitely will do if and when the occasion calls for it.

I too don't recall EVER discussing these things with my parents. Ha Ha. i was left to make up my own and it was 'down there'. Ha Ha..

I say 'bits', Maria calls it her 'little bum' so I don't think it really matters what I call it - she's not listening to me anyway.

Interesting thread.
I'm not sure what kinds of situations you need to be in to use the words for genitalia with your toddler. Not asking to attack/judge anyone, just curious! I don't remember my parents using any particular word for my 'bits/vagina/vulva' growing up, I don't think we ever talked about it. lol

In our case just in the bath really. Or when potty training. It's not like we sit around the dinner table discussing our vaginas :haha:. x

Interesting thread.

In our case just in the bath really. Or when potty training. It's not like we sit around the dinner table discussing our vaginas :haha:. x

Wait, other families don't do that?

Interesting thread.

Haha! I am nearly 40 weeks pregnant so nothing is off limits at the dinner table right now!

Vulva, as thats the outside visible parts. the vagina is just the insides

Interesting thread.

Haha! I am nearly 40 weeks pregnant so nothing is off limits at the dinner table right now!
Said the actress to the bishop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->