Give me all your old wives' tales - determined to beat induction!

Dried dates are pretty much all I can get lol x

Try prune juice, walking up steep hills, useing a had Brest pump to stimulate your nipples

Don't judge but I too was desperate for a vbac and reached the desperation if castor oil it did absolute fuck all apart from give me baaaad diaherrea I threw it away after I was on the loo all night lol but baby was fine but thinking back now it was the dumbess move ever luckily baby was OK I wouldn't do it again and wouldnt advice it

Good luck though xx

Thanks for all your suggestions. Just a thought on nipple stim, not breast feeding so don't have a breast pump..... Can you do it by hand...?
Xx

Yep, by hand is totally an option. :)

Clary sage doesn't seem to be doing anything!

Someone told me to swing on the swing at a park.. Apparently it helps get the baby going in the right motion?

Do visualizations of giving birth in a happy healthy successful vbac, talk to baby and tell him/her it's time to come out and meet you, do relaxation sessions with deep breathing, do fear release writing in a journal - just write down all your fears each day to get them out. Acupuncture/chiropractic/massage. Up the sexual activities - long make out sessions, have him do nipple stimulation with his hands and mouth for at least 20 mins, or you can do it, may need to continue for hours to get steady labor going. Stress/anxiety/tension are your enemy- relaxation is crucial.

You can try this hypnosis track by Hypnobabies https://www.hypnobabies-store.com/All_MP3s-Come_OUT_Baby_MP3.html, not sure if it will work as well if you're not already doing the childbirth hypnosis program but it might be worth a shot! They also have 2 tracks for a successful VBAC. If nothing else they are excellent for relaxation.

Herbs - to ripen the cervix: (From Susun Weed's "Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year")
-Visualize cervix soft and thin.
-Evening Primrose Oil - 3 capsules daily for up to a week
-Black Cohosh tincture (sometimes called an extract) - 10 drops under the tongue hourly will have a noticeable effect on the cervix in three to four hours.
-Also semen as others have said.

To initiate labor (these will not work unless cervix is already ripe):
-Imagine your uterus contracting in a non-worrying way, don't force it or focus on the problem, just keep positive visualizations and feelings.
-Homeopathic Caulophyllum 200x, dose can be repeated every half hour for 2 hours.
-Stimulate the uterus by rubbing your belly softly and persistently with or without oil. Can use castor oil rubbed on the belly.
-Blue Cohosh tincture - 3-8 drops in a glass of warm water or tea, repeat every half hour for several hours until contractions are regular. If labor is not underway in 4 hours, use a dropperful of the tincture under the tongue every hour for up to four more hours or until contractions are strong and consistent.
-If tension or stress are a problem you can even smoke a little pot! Lol worked for my friend! One time won't hurt the baby.
-Laughter, good company, a glass of warm milk (calcium can help), a glass of wine, hot baths or showers, dancing, anything to help you relax and feel joyful.

You can order herbs and tinctures online through a reputable dealer like Mountain Rose Herbs (not sure what's available in the UK) - make sure they are organic and all natural. Good luck!

I've heard good things about sex, finishing inside to soften the cervix.. Before labor with my son I tried running up and down stairs and all kinds of walking for weeks with no luck..but the day I went into labor I went for a ride in the car and hit all of the speed bumps and then sat on the birthing ball, which is where I was when labor actually started : )

Thanks everyone.
Lomelindi, thank you, some great suggestions. Will see if I can get my hands on black and blue cohosh. All Drs and mw's here are really negative about alternative therapies and the most they'll recommend is rlt and pineapple!!
Xx

Birthing/gym ball?

Pineapple, trying to harvest colostrum can do it (which is why I've been told not to try it until 37 weeks - as we want to try and harvest it in case I can't bf again), sex, raspberry leaf tea.

Good luck mama xxx

Sex and epo or star flower oil (up your bits ) put five up a night as close to the cervix as possible and sex the next morning after leaving them in all night , but wet and slimy but works like a charm garenteed to work within 3 weeks X

Yeah, it's hard to get good herbal info but Susun Weed is a very famous trusted herbalist. Raspberry Leaf won't put you into labor, it makes labor easier once it starts but won't initiate it on its own.

Sex I have heard is the best option. But I have also heard that nothing works if baby isn't ready. They are saying that labour has something to do with a hormone baby releases when ready. But you could definitely get that cervix nice and ready tho. Good luck on the vbac!

Following lol, nowhere near time for me yet but I'm determined to beat induction this time or at least see if there's anything I didn't try with my previous 2 ;)

Brilliant suggestions everyone, thanks.

Gemstone, yeah I agree that baby has to be ready. Bcos I had an elective section at 38w last time I have no idea if/when I would've started to dilate, waters break etc.

Xx

Brilliant suggestions everyone, thanks.

Gemstone, yeah I agree that baby has to be ready. Bcos I had an elective section at 38w last time I have no idea if/when I would've started to dilate, waters break etc.

Xx

I have had 3 Inductions for pre-e & eclampsia. Would love to know myself 😂. All the best Hun. When it comes to it I will be doing the same. If bp behaves!! xx

A couple of new suggestions from mums at a birthday party today...! Walk up stairs 2 at a time sideways. Also where I live there are numerous zig zag paths from the beach to the road above, apparently doing low, sideways lunges up one particularly short but steep path is a known labour inducer!?
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"