Giving birth after previous placenta abruption experiences pease!!

sandilion

Reaction score
With DS i had a very painful placenta abruption, but i was thankfully very lucky to still give birth to DS vaginally with forceps assistance at 32+2 as i was lucky to have 2 very on the ball doctors with me once it was realised by the staff that something was not right.

I was just wondering if anyone here who has been through something like that and what their next experience was like, and if the pain for the next labor was still just as bad? Different? Not as bad?

My OB tells me the next labor will be a lot easier for me as what i went through would have been a lot more painful. It went on for 4 days as well which led to me demanding an epi! I just couldn't cope anymore and I was convinced I was dying with all the blood loss and pain so i wanted to try and die as painless as possible :wacko: I was confident i was going to get DS out alive, as he was doing fine as the monitoring showed... but i felt my time was up. Very scary.:(

I am very anxious and stressed about going through labour again .. even if i don't have any complications, the pain from the abruption has me feeling like thats what a normal labour is meant to feel like but my OB tells me its not... But i don't know what to believe.

I did have rapid contractions for the full 4 days...apparently the pains are meant to be different to a normal labour because of the hemorrhaging.

Can anyone shed some light on what their experience was like after previously having a placenta abruption??

I feel like I have managed to block out the trauma of my experience with birthing DS out until now... now i am forced to face it and i just don't know what to think! I actually am terrified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->