giving my daughter to a stranger

stevon111

my baby girl faye
Reaction score
Would you as a mother/father if asked to hand your 9 month daughter over to someone you dont know?

i got asked by my Xgf tonight to hand faye over to my Xpartners sisters husband who i have not met before and i have never met her sister before nether.
my X partner has not seen faye since 12 friday morning and wont be back until 4pm sunday and faye goes to bed at 7ish and shes leaving faye more and more over the past month or two to go out with her friends.

my answer is NO.... would people feel ive made the right choice?
im getting more and more worried about my Xgf at the moment

If you haven't met him before then I wouldn't. I'd ask her if you can hand her over to someone you are familiar with.

If I haven't met that person then no I wouldn't. For a start I wouldnt be comfortable and secondly would my child be comfortable

I think you made the right decision, I wouldn't have felt comfortable with that :hugs: xx

As others have said, you made the right choice is going with your gut feelings.

I am going to throw the cat among the pigeons and play devils advocate. Its her sisters husband, if Faye is used to them and spends time with them I dont see the harm. Plus if you can build a relationship with them it may help you in the future. They may be as concerned about your ex's behaviour as you are, in which case you could get them on side. You would also have an opportunity to get them to see you as a decent dad, which may not be the picture your ex has portrayed to them...

Just a thought x

I am going to throw the cat among the pigeons and play devils advocate. Its her sisters husband, if Faye is used to them and spends time with them I dont see the harm. Plus if you can build a relationship with them it may help you in the future. They may be as concerned about your ex's behaviour as you are, in which case you could get them on side. You would also have an opportunity to get them to see you as a decent dad, which may not be the picture your ex has portrayed to them...

Just a thought x

But if he doesnt know them and doesnt feel comfortable they should be building up a relationship first. Thats like FOB sending his girlfriend here to drop my girls home or to pick them up, in his eyes, he loves her, trusts her and knows her (apparently lol, I am using this as an example) but I dont know her so I wouldnt want her to collect them or drop them off.

As I said playing devils advocate. A new partner is a bit different as its not necessarily a constant. But an uncle in law is a bit different...

I'm not saying I agree or would be happy myself, just thought of a different view point and it could ultimately help him in the long run if the mother is being irresponsible to get her side of the family on his side, if that makes sense x

I can see it from two sides here, whislt yes I would feel uncomfortable doing it definatly it is also a very good diea to get yourself known to the exteneded family as a decent and caring Father as it will help in the future!

What did you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"