giving up smoking - with patches anyone?

suzib76

Reaction score
well dh has done fab and has been off the fags fr a while now, he is doing the nicorette 2 step thing and seeing the practice nurse every 2 weeks for support, he did 8 weeks on the highest strength patches and now he is doing 2 on the 10mg and finally 2 on 5mg then stop

what i want to know is how his moods will be affected as at the moment he can be really really moody when he has not had his patch on (like when he is working later so doesnt shower and put it on till lunchtme)

i am dreading him coming off the patches altogether, it feels like he has wasted 8 weeks on the things now coz when he hasnt used one we are back to the moods :(

Hiya my partner used to be really addicted to smoking i never thought he would give up but he used the 3 step thing with the patches i did find he was stressed at times even with the patches on but if he forgot to put one on you could really notice by the time he got on the last patches he didnt seem as stressed though and actualy decided to stop the patched about a week or two before he was suppose to as he got ill and just didnt bother and he seemed fine, i also worried how he would be coming off them all together but i think because its a gradual process it becomes easier and less stressfull, its been about 5 months now and he hasnt had a fag! xxx

I stopped with the patches about 7 years ago, the grumpiness/mood swings do go, i know its easy for me to say b ut just try and ignore it, hes done brill to get this far

XX

im dreading it, he gets his lowest strength patches on thursday for 2 weeks and then thats it - i will keep out his way i think coz hormonal wife + moody husband just dont work lol

he is lucky he got flaming patches, i just stopped without them, and ages before him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->